British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Same old, same old..   nothing new here.    it appears the management  have learnt nothing from the season past...      Its as if there not bothered.     When so many fans were looking for inspiration and hope for a successful season,   we are met with the same ole faces that have failed so many times....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Same old, same old..   nothing new here.    it appears the management  have learnt nothing from the season past...      Its as if there not bothered.     When so many fans were looking for inspiration and hope for a successful season,   we are met with the same ole faces that have failed so many times....

We have the only promotion that reward riders for the failed season before  lol 

just always say the same thing they are much better than the average suggests and how they like keeping same riders  together etc  load of nonsense! All 3 promoters are useless 

Edited by pubichair
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I understand and to an extent agree with your frustration but to add a bit of balance four of the riders signed so far were part of the 2018 team which was comfortably the best that year and should have won the league but for injuries. Going by the rumoured side this year the other three from that season were Iversen, MPT and Andersen/Lambert who will effectively be replaced by Cook, Kerr and Hartel. Doesn’t look that different to me assuming Lambert, Proctor and Jorgensen can get back to something like that form in 2020. 

While like you there are two or three riders I probably wouldn’t have invited back from 2019 I understand why they have been signed as they will keep the majority of the home punters happy as they are popular. However as we keep saying away results have to be better and ultimately that is what this team will be judged on.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 9:44 PM, lynnboy said:

So I hear it’s cook and Michael  hartel for the last two places 

If what was said at the last meeting, the surprise rider has never been over and will become an asset, 

18 hours ago, Warriors said:

If what was said at the last meeting, the surprise rider has never been over and will become an asset, 

Surely, if he were to be any good, then he would have been signed up already.   The fact the is a free agent says many things  …  

No doubt he will be based at the track  giving him lots of opportunity to see and work the track.     Might even stay in the  same caravan as those previous.     We've been down this road so many times before...     Why don't we go down the experience route  when the rider is  of a known standard and a guaranteed points scorer  

I guess it’s because clubs want to unearth a diamond who will increase their starting average, that’s how you win things. The surprise signing is going to be the number seven after all, so is required to have a low average anyway. Not many experienced riders with improvement in them around on those kinds of figures. 

We don’t have much of a track record of discovering No 7’s. Who go on to set the World on fire.    Porsing and Anderson spring to mind in recent times.   Wasn’t there also a German we ‘discovered’ back in the Old Premiership days who couldn’t even slide the thing around Saddlebow ?

Go on Baggy rack ya brains to remember his name 

20 hours ago, Warriors said:

So it ain't Härtel then which is a bonus as he was awful for Ipswich at Championship level

• Like 1

5 hours ago, g13webb said:

No doubt he will be based at the track  giving him lots of opportunity to see and work the track.     Might even stay in the  same caravan as those previous.     We've been down this road so many times before...

I agree mostly Mr Webb but eventually ( possibly ) in the Long Line of flops one of them could turn out to be "special" ( in the positive sense ). What I thoroughly dilike is that for some odd reason they persevere far too long with most of them, who fail to progress and rarely look as if they could.

5 hours ago, Warriors said:

Keeps popping up that same old problem being the material on the track.

Agreed, it did for Kasper Andersen and Lebedevs as well as a few others over the years. It’s been said that the track will be slicker this year, I really hope they stick to that. 

If the mix of materials is still going to be the same, the only real way of making it slicker will probably be to have it drier.. Unless they are going to run with a lot less material.  Let's hope its better. 

Did Hartel do enough matches to become a Witches asset?

Thought you had to ride a certain number of matches before a promotion could lay claim that he’s an asset. Something like 8 or 12 meetings springs to mind.

No idea how many he rode but think he was dropped after getting injured fairly on in the season.

Edited by Speedball

9 minutes ago, Speedball said:

Did Hartel do enough matches to become a Witches asset?

Thought you had to ride a certain number of matches before a promotion could lay claim that he’s an asset. Something like 8 or 12 meetings springs to mind.

No idea how many he rode but think he was dropped after getting injured fairly on in the season.

Hartel is a Witches “asset”.