British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

1 hour ago, Speedball said:

Did Hartel do enough matches to become a Witches asset?

Thought you had to ride a certain number of matches before a promotion could lay claim that he’s an asset. Something like 8 or 12 meetings springs to mind.

No idea how many he rode but think he was dropped after getting injured fairly on in the season.

Looks like he rode in eight matches in 2018 scoring 31 points from 37 rides which is an average of 3.35, all as a second string. 

No idea what he achieved in 2019 in whatever leagues he rode in, maybe somebody could shed some light. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Looks like he rode in eight matches in 2018 scoring 31 points from 37 rides which is an average of 3.35, all as a second string. 

No idea what he achieved in 2019 in whatever leagues he rode in, maybe somebody could shed some light. 

Hard to find much info on him. Did find this, but English is hard enough for me, let alone this ;) I did find a quote from him saying the "grippy" Ippo track will take some getting used to though :blink:.

https://www.michael-haertel.de/termine

Edited by Bald Bloke

Looks like his only league racing outside of Germany was for Krakow in Poland, presumably third division. 

11 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

Cant find that either Cook or Haertel have signed for Lynn or anyone yet  where was  this announced ?

It hasn't 

Think I saw on Facebook somewhere the last two riders are being announced on the 3rd and 10th January. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Think I saw on Facebook somewhere the last two riders are being announced on the 3rd and 10th January. 

If teams have really got riders on their books and signed up, what possible advantage is there in delaying the announcement? Does nothing for the sale of season tickets, surely?

9 minutes ago, False dawn said:

If teams have really got riders on their books and signed up, what possible advantage is there in delaying the announcement? Does nothing for the sale of season tickets, surely?

Might not do the sale of season tickets much good if they were announced!

Edited by foreverblue
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, False dawn said:

My take on it is that you get more publicity with seven separate press releases rather than one big one. The pros and cons are for others to bicker about but that’s why they do it. 

On 12/29/2019 at 9:53 AM, g13webb said:

Why don't we go down the experience route  when the rider is  of a known standard and a guaranteed points scorer  

If we have signed Cook, can you name me a rider of a known standard and guaranteed to score points on about a 4.5 average. You won't find a great deal. And I'm not having a go it's a fact. I would rather them take a gamble on someone like Kvech. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, tellboy said:

If we have signed Cook, can you name me a rider of a known standard and guaranteed to score points on about a 4.5 average. You won't find a great deal. And I'm not having a go it's a fact. I would rather them take a gamble on someone like Kvech. 

Pickering 4.36 Jeppesen 4.00 i think would hold their own as a number 7 

Other options would be Garrity,NBJ or Haertel

Would rather go with Nicholls and Lebadevs tho

We are 29.98 and add Cookie 7.39  (after 5% reduction) come out at 37.37.

Would leave 5.13 Pretty handy for a reserve. Hope they make full use of the points available :t:

26 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

We are 29.98 and add Cookie 7.39  (after 5% reduction) come out at 37.37.

Would leave 5.13 Pretty handy for a reserve. Hope they make full use of the points available :t:

I think it is more like 4.93 as the reduction is 2.5%.

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

If you look hard enough they'll always be an answer.    I look at the other teams and they seem to find an option without having to gamble.    In our league format, the reserves are second only to the heat headers in the terms of importance.    We need to be confident that our riders are of known quality and  are capable of scoring points against similar positions in the  other teams.     In Kvech we have neither of those.