British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

12 minutes ago, g13webb said:

If you look hard enough they'll always be an answer.    I look at the other teams and they seem to find an option without having to gamble.    In our league format, the reserves are second only to the heat headers in the terms of importance.    We need to be confident that our riders are of known quality and  are capable of scoring points against similar positions in the  other teams.     In Kvech we have neither of those.    

Give us some examples then, apart from the names already mentioned on the thread I can’t think of any who fit your description. 

By the way Kvech would be a fantastic signing. 

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

We are 29.98 and add Cookie 7.39  (after 5% reduction) come out at 37.37.

Would leave 5.13 Pretty handy for a reserve. Hope they make full use of the points available :t:

it's 2.5% reduction !!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KLFAN said:

I think it is more like 4.93 as the reduction is 2.5%.

Yep. Your are right. 2.5 it is :oops::t:

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yep. Your are right. 2.5 it is :oops::t:

But I like the idea of 5% reduction! Would give British riders even better chance of team places. Always felt 2.5% was a bit low

• Like 1

14 hours ago, g13webb said:

If you look hard enough they'll always be an answer.    I look at the other teams and they seem to find an option without having to gamble.    In our league format, the reserves are second only to the heat headers in the terms of importance.    We need to be confident that our riders are of known quality and  are capable of scoring points against similar positions in the  other teams.     In Kvech we have neither of those.    

I liked the look of Kvech when I see him in the u21s. He finished quite high against some good opposition too. 

I thought people wanted to see someone different. I know that he would give his all. 

16 hours ago, g13webb said:

Championship team, premiership prices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Warriors said:

Championship team, premiership prices.

To be fair....

You could say the same thing about most teams..

A great many of the riders in the Premiership will be Championship riders also..

(Many as heat leaders in both Leagues for their respective teams)..

With Doyle looking like he will be the only 'top 15' in the world rider to compete over here.. 

I do think the Premiership have to keep prices 'high' in the hope it gives the message of being clearly the top league..

The reality is that in many ways, the level of the reserves in both leagues make the ultimate biggest impact to the standard differential....

19 hours ago, mikebv said:

I do think the Premiership have to keep prices 'high' in the hope it gives the message of being clearly the top league..

I chose which meetings that seemed to heighten and rouse my interest and went to three of them last season. Higher prices for a lesser product means I will do the same again ( as very likely will others ) as the VFM slides yet again. Two or three real races for your money is poor value by my way of thinking. Unless the quality of racing inproves I fear I will soon not be stepping into Saddlebow Road again.

A lot of hopes are being pinned on the promise of a slicker surface, I really hope they stick to their word on that. Would love to see Buster widen the track too but would have thought that’s unlikely. 

Most importantly let’s hope there is no price rise for 2020.

58 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I chose which meetings that seemed to heighten and rouse my interest and went to three of them last season. Higher prices for a lesser product means I will do the same again ( as very likely will others ) as the VFM slides yet again. Two or three real races for your money is poor value by my way of thinking. Unless the quality of racing inproves I fear I will soon not be stepping into Saddlebow Road again.

And that's one of the key challenges the sport faces..

ie Does the competitions standing itself, and the riders on show,  encourage fans to go?

Or..

Is it the quality and closeness of racing, regardless of who is doing it, that gets them there?

The NSS has terrific racing pretty much every week, with the majority of races having at least one pass through the field and the vast majority of races having the final positions still in doubt to the last bend..

And that can be said for the Colts as well as the Aces..

However, one is £10 in total for me and my 16 year old lad, and the other is £26..

£16 difference to actually see very little difference in racing quality from what I have seen over the past few years..

Therefore, I attend the Colts much, much more as I can get my 'Speedway fix' much cheaper, and as I have zero belief that winning a Team Speedway title in the UK has any credibility, then it more than ticks the boxes I want from the sport..

However, the Aces get probably double the crowds of the Colts which suggests the riders on view are a greater pull for many..

For me, the sport, in the UK, has to decide if it's actually a truly bona fide sport, with winning titles having some real kudos through having credible rules and teams..

Or..

It becomes sports entertainment,  whereby the racing itself is the main draw...

The fans seem to want both which, in fairness to the Promoters and their various circuits, given the wide ranging challenges they face, probably isn't anywhere near attainable....

• Like 1

Another rider to be announced later this week according to the Stars twitter. Probably be Cookie I think.

22 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Another rider to be announced later this week according to the Stars twitter. Probably be Cookie I think.

Probably Friday then.

4 minutes ago, mrss said:

Who’s Friday?

Won the Deserted Island best pairs with Robinson Crusoe a few years ago ...

Peter Schroek now saying we need to give more British youngsters a chance.

I read that as we'll have a youngster at no. 7, not necessarily a very experienced one, which maybe means not Cookie....or we will be understrength before we even start