British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Cook is a poor signing, his average is only going one way an it's not up. A rider who has peaked and at time thought he was better than he actually was. The fact that he cant hack it in Poland but the likes of the up an coming Bewley and Lambert can says it all 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Midget said:

Cook is a poor signing, his average is only going one way an it's not up. A rider who has peaked and at time thought he was better than he actually was. The fact that he cant hack it in Poland but the likes of the up an coming Bewley and Lambert can says it all 

Can't agree with you there, I think his average will go up! He can't be too bad as he's qualified for a GP series something Bewley & Lambert haven't done yet!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

Aaron Summers 4.87...... or is it a definite newbie etc 

I'd go for Summers!

2 hours ago, Midget said:

I think he's a good signing on 7.58. Will at the worst hold his average imho.

• Like 5

For their last spot, just sign anyone for a few weeks then when the Champ teams get a first new ave, sign Nico Covatti on a converted Champ ave (7.88 / 1.6 = 4.93) which will be lower than his current Prem ave (5.27)!

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

For their last spot, just sign anyone for a few weeks then when the Champ teams get a first new ave, sign Nico Covatti on a converted Champ ave (7.88 / 1.6 = 4.93) which will be lower than his current Prem ave (5.27)!

Can’t do that. Covatti would come in on what ever average is the highest between his current Premier or Championship converted average. 

20 hours ago, Midget said:

If the British Championship was held over seven rounds at every track in the Premiership, I would suggest Cook would win it by some margin...

Had a higher away average than both Lambert and Bewley

And a home track he had ridden regularly for less than one season suggests he could improve this in 2020 now more dialled in..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

I think Cook is a good signing, should improve his current average and will be many maximums with Lambert in the later heats plus he is a good gater which is vital at Kings Lynn. 

• Like 2

History tells us that Cook will have at least one meltdown in 2020. He needs a lot of support off track and needs someone aware of his problems to manage him as a team member. A "wobble" seems omnipresent.

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Can’t do that. Covatti would come in on what ever average is the highest between his current Premier or Championship converted average. 

It worked for Cookie last season didn't it?Unless the rules have changed?

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

If the British Championship was held over seven rounds st every track in the Premiership, I would suggest Cook would win it by some margin...

Had a higher away average than both Lambert and Bewley

And a home track he had ridden regularly for less than one season suggests he could improve this in 2020 now more dialled in..

Good idea, finish off at the NSS!

Cook and Lambert one of the best spearhead in this league with back up from Riss we have a very strong top 3. I think if we can get someone with great potential like Pickering or Jeppesen at 7 with Proctor at 6 that could be one of the strongest reserve partnership. Biggest worry is the middle order think Both Jorgensen and Kerr will have time at reserve which will do them good. Clear up every home meeting pick up points away and we will be in the top four. Problem is we always seem to have a blip at home and just miss out on points away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

It worked for Cookie last season didn't it?Unless the rules have changed?

Cook came in his existing Premier average 

53 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Cook came in his existing Premier average 

I beg to differ.Cook finished the 2018 season on a 7.73 average.He joined Lynn on a 7.19,even allowing the 2.5 reduction doesn't bring it down to nowhere near that.