British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

18 hours ago, Warriors said:

A newbie to British league

Let’s hope the newbie is better than the last newbie the Stars signed.

2 hours ago, mrss said:

Let’s hope the newbie is better than the last newbie the Stars signed.

Wasn’t that Huckenbeck?

Just now, Steve0 said:

Wasn’t that Huckenbeck?

No - Kasper Andersen.

Never looked comfortable at the AFA.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, semion said:

Never mind all that.  The big question I wanna know is this chap Brian Bongo, is he available ?

Beat me to it! Is he related to Ali Bongo? He might be a magic signing if that's the case!

I think Kasper will turn out to be a half decent rider, he just couldn’t ride our mega grippy track. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think Kasper will turn out to be a half decent rider, he just couldn’t ride our mega grippy track. 

Half decent riders won’t win any trophy’s. Decent riders win things.

3 minutes ago, mrss said:

Not really, he could quite easily win something with Redcar this year and with Lynn in the future as a number seven. 

You should try posting something positive for a change, would do you the world of good I’m sure. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not really, he could quite easily win something with Redcar this year and with Lynn in the future as a number seven. 

You should try posting something positive for a change, would do you the world of good I’m sure. 

I am sure he could win something with Redcar. I am positive and looking forward to the new season. I also live in the real world , and can’t see Kasper Anderson ever being as good as people like Doyle or Fricke, they are decent riders not half decent.

No team will ever have a 1-7 full of decent riders.You will have some half decent and some not as good as that.Thats the way the team average dictates.Imo Kasper will be half decent.He done ok with Redcar and wasn't too bad away from the NA with Lynn.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tellboy said:

No team will ever have a 1-7 full of decent riders.You will have some half decent and some not as good as that.Thats the way the team average dictates.Imo Kasper will be half decent.He done ok with Redcar and wasn't too bad away from the NA with Lynn.

If NA is less grippy, he could score some useful points

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, mrss said:

I am sure he could win something with Redcar. I am positive and looking forward to the new season. I also live in the real world , and can’t see Kasper Anderson ever being as good as people like Doyle or Fricke, they are decent riders not half decent.

Absolutely, he is highly unlikely to get to their level but as tellboy says you can’t build a team full of superstars. Half decent riders are equally important. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrss said:

I'm not so sure. Riders that can hold or increase their average could win you things. Whatever their average is..

Out of the Prem riders in 2020, who do you rate as "decent"?

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely, he is highly unlikely to get to their level but as tellboy says you can’t build a team full of superstars. Half decent riders are equally important. 

A decent reserve may not even be a half decent rider, if Doyle and Fricke are the yardstick but could win you a trophy. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

A decent reserve may not even be a half decent rider, if Doyle and Fricke are the yardstick but could win you a trophy. 

Agree. Any rider that can maintain his average or increase it can't be a bad rider, so must be decent, at any level.. ??

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, semion said:

Never mind all that.  The big question I wanna know is this chap Brian Bongo, is he available ?

It's Brian O'Bongo actually and he could do a cracking job but will need decent machinery which has been his achilles heel so far, On a decent motor he could easily be the best ever newbie to the UK leagues.