British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

8 hours ago, Woffy said:

Mrss don't you worry I can confirm a close club source has told me it is not him! 

You must have had some club sauce on your chips , and got confused.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I know Hartel has improved over the last few years,but he wasn't the rider i was hoping for.I will give him time though and hope he can prove myself and many others wrong.

That’s basically how I feel, his signing is a little underwhelming but am happy to give him a chance  and not write him off immediately like others inevitably will. People will point to his spell at Ipswich but it was very short and he will need a whole season to show what he can do. 

One positive is that all bar six of Lynn’s 28 league meetings this year will be on big, fast tracks which should suit him perfectly. 

• Like 1

I would agree that Hartel should be given a chance but the bare facts suggest this team will struggle unless changes are made or the riders  improve a lot on what they achieved last season. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would agree that Hartel should be given a chance but the bare facts suggest this team will struggle unless changes are made or the riders  improve a lot on what they achieved last season. 

Proctor is obviously the key man. You pretty much know what the other six will do but if he starts the season like a train and has a year like 2018 then this team will reach the Play Offs. We always have a chance because we lose very few hope meetings. 

9 hours ago, Woffy said:

Mrss don't you worry I can confirm a close club source has told me it is not him! 

Doh

46 minutes ago, mrss said:

You must have had some club sauce on your chips , and got confused.

Can't I'm have chips on a diet lol better your pleased with that signing! 

Hartel is not the surprise signing I expected. Let’s give him and the team a chance to show us what they can do.

• Like 1

Looks like it’s an Aldi signing when people were hoping for Waitrose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

I know Hartel has improved over the last few years,but he wasn't the rider i was hoping for.I will give him time though and hope he can prove myself and many others wrong.

I wish we could have given the job to a Brit....end of.

Hartel not such a secret or surprise, after all. 

I know very little about him but he's a Star now so that means he has my support.

Being good round big tracks doesn't automatically make you poor round the technical ones.

AT NDL level, Jake Knight and Josh Bailey cracked Arlington and at CL level, Lewi Kerr has done the same.

From all my years experiences of supporting the Stars,   I find it far better to assume we will not figure as forerunners for the forth coming season.    If by chance we manage to get into the PO's  we will be ecstatic,  but more likely than not though, when we fail, we wont be that disheartened as it was expected.     it's as if nobody really cares anymore....

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

I wish we could have given the job to a Brit....end of.

In an ideal world I’d want the same but not sure who would fit the bill on that average. 

Unfortunately while the rules don’t insist on British reserve(s) then teams will build as strong as they can regardless of nationality. 

Would have much rather seen Aaron Summers or Josh Pickering take the final place.

I'll reserve judgement on Hartel till at least he's had a chance to show what he can do, but overall doesn't look like a great side :unsure:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, g13webb said:

From all my years experiences of supporting the Stars,   I find it far better to assume we will not figure as forerunners for the forth coming season.    If by chance we manage to get into the PO's  we will be ecstatic,  but more likely than not though, when we fail, we wont be that disheartened as it was expected.     it's as if nobody really cares anymore....

We live in hope, not expectation. In the early days of KL Speedway, the club was one of a large number who were put there as cannon fodder for the big teams...we were never allowed to get too good.

Just now, Speedball said:

Would have much rather seen Aaron Summers or Josh Pickering take the final place.

I'll reserve judgement on Hartel till at least he's had a chance to show what he can do, but overall doesn't look like a great side :unsure:

Proctor will be the key. 

• Like 2