British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

With what rider's that are yet unsigned (as far as we know) King's Lynn's choice is to go with a crap Ipswich Championship reserve in Hartel :rofl::rofl:

Even Simon Lambert would have been a better choice. 

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

That’s basically how I feel, his signing is a little underwhelming but am happy to give him a chance  and not write him off immediately like others inevitably will. People will point to his spell at Ipswich but it was very short and he will need a whole season to show what he can do. 

One positive is that all bar six of Lynn’s 28 league meetings this year will be on big, fast tracks which should suit him perfectly. 

All bar 4 dont you mean :D

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Proctor is obviously the key man. You pretty much know what the other six will do but if he starts the season like a train and has a year like 2018 then this team will reach the Play Offs. We always have a chance because we lose very few hope meetings. 

I have my doubts about Proctor but you should be ok at home which should keep most of the fans happy, can't see you picking up many points away from home though.

43 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

All bar 4 dont you mean :D

Well I wasn’t including Swindon but it could be argued that it’s not a small, tight track I guess.

17 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I have my doubts about Proctor but you should be ok at home which should keep most of the fans happy, can't see you picking up many points away from home though.

You could be right but we all thought that in 2018. 

48 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

With what rider's that are yet unsigned (as far as we know) King's Lynn's choice is to go with a crap Ipswich Championship reserve in Hartel :rofl::rofl:

Even Simon Lambert would have been a better choice. 

I thought Hartel was a second string at the Foxhole? Could be wrong.

Will barely score a point on the road and there are at least 2 teams that will win at the AFA.

Imo the worst team announced so far.

Very underwhelming and disappointing.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I thought Hartel was a second string at the Foxhole? Could be wrong.

Correct, only due to an assessed average. Was on a regular basis beaten by opposition reserves. Just see Hartel as another Kasper Andersen I'm afraid. 

16 minutes ago, acef said:

Will barely score a point on the road and there are at least 2 teams that will win at the AFA.

Which two teams are they out of interest? 

18 minutes ago, acef said:

Stars will need Lambert to average 9+ and Cook 8+ to even stand a chance for top 4.

I disagree about the weakest team so far though, with completed teams I'd say Belle Vue are. Kildermand won't offer them anything and Kurtz as a No1? No thanks

Most certainly underwhelming apart from Lambert and Cook

6 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Stars will need Lambert to average 9+ and Cook 8+ to even stand a chance for top 4.

I disagree about the weakest team so far though, with completed teams I'd say Belle Vue are. Kildermand won't offer them anything and Kurtz as a No1? No thanks

Most certainly underwhelming apart from Lambert and Cook

Really interesting how we all see things. I’ve got Belle Vue down as second behind Swindon with Sheffield bottom. Assuming Ipswich finish off with Holder, Wolves with Masters and Peterborough complete with Bech & Nicholls or Iversen and Ostergaard then my prediction would be:

Swindon

Belle Vue 

Ipswich

Lynn

Wolves

Peterborough

Sheffield

However it’s so difficult to predict a seven team league. 

Out team is built to the team average allowed this season, so in theory is no stronger or weaker than any other team. All teams have strengths and weaknesses through their teams, I'm not sure there is a clear favourite at the moment. 

Yes it depends on how each rider goes and you would hope our top two do the business more regularly than last season. That takes the pressure off the bottom end a little, hopefully enable them to score better...

If it goes pear shaped early doors then the promotion need to be more on the ball than last season when changes were made way too late.

Top 4 out of 7 should be achievable, then it's anyone's guess. .

Just now, kelvinht said:

Out team is built to the team average allowed this season, so in theory is no stronger or weaker than any other team. All teams have strengths and weaknesses through their teams, I'm not sure there is a clear favourite at the moment. 

Yes it depends on how each rider goes and you would hope our top two do the business more regularly than last season. That takes the pressure off the bottom end a little, hopefully enable them to score better...

If it goes pear shaped early doors then the promotion need to be more on the ball than last season when changes were made way too late.

Top 4 out of 7 should be achievable, then it's anyone's guess. .

This is absolutely right and the key point. There aren’t enough meetings to procrastinate over changes. 

I think i would have rather had someone like Mountain or Kemp and spent the remaining point/s elsewhere. 

I wouldn't have have had Kerr, Jorgensen, Proctor or Hartel in the team. Out of the riders last year, MPT would have been better being retained than Jorgensen/Proctor/Kerr imo. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, therefused said:

I think i would have rather had someone like Mountain or Kemp and spent the remaining point/s elsewhere. 

I wouldn't have have had Kerr, Jorgensen, Proctor or Hartel in the team. Out of the riders last year, MPT would have been better being retained than Jorgensen/Proctor/Kerr imo. 

Like you I’d have gone with the three heat leaders + MPT + three new faces but the team is what it is and should still be competitive. 

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

In an ideal world I’d want the same but not sure who would fit the bill on that average. 

Unfortunately while the rules don’t insist on British reserve(s) then teams will build as strong as they can regardless of nationality. 

I guess you could argue signing Hartel isn't building a strong team though!

Edited by szkocjasid