British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

On 1/11/2020 at 6:27 PM, 1984Star said:

Lambert and cook along with Doyle and Brat should be head and should above the others. Riss should prove to be decent back. We will always have a decent reserve so either Haerrl or the middle improve we should get in the top four easy

Cant see Lynn's side getting in the top four Lambert , Cook , Riss have to score 30 plus every meeting.

47 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Cant see Lynn's side getting in the top four Lambert , Cook , Riss have to score 30 plus every meeting.

That should be easy enough :rofl:

3 minutes ago, g13webb said:

That should be easy enough :rofl:

If your track is slicker you could even be vulnerable at home.If it is the norm you should be hard to beat at home away that will be a different ball game Lambo to be back on it this season Webby.!!!

27 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

If your track is slicker you could even be vulnerable at home.If it is the norm you should be hard to beat at home away that will be a different ball game Lambo to be back on it this season Webby.!!!

This is a good point and one I had thought of. Personally if that means better racing I’d be ok with it. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

This is a good point and one I had thought of. Personally if that means better racing I’d be ok with it. 

A balancing act really Bagpuss, you want to be entertained but i would imagine all tracks have 70 per cent of fans who just want to see there team win.Would you want to see dross everyweek but be happy if your team win?  for me entertainment comes first everytime.Going back to your home strip is your track to grippy for the modern day bike now? i personally dont know the answer myself.I haven't seen live racing at King's Lynn since 1989 but then it was definately in the top 4 tracks in Britain the  World team cup rounds were superb there.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

A balancing act really Bagpuss, you want to be entertained but i would imagine all tracks have 70 per cent of fans who just want to see there team win.Would you want to see dross everyweek but be happy if your team win?  for me entertainment comes first everytime.Going back to your home strip is your track to grippy for the modern day bike now? i personally dont know the answer myself.I haven't seen live racing at King's Lynn since 1989 but then it was definately in the top 4 tracks in Britain the  World team cup rounds were superb there.

In my opinion the dirt used at Lynn is unique, high clay content and ideal for stock cars which is the sport that brings the money in at the AFA. It’s been the norm to pile the shale on and make away riders uncomfortable as they don’t ride tracks like that very often and you would see riders fighting the bike to keep it on a good line making overtaking difficult especially when getting sprayed with heavy dirt which slows you down. Also bike set up is unique, all adding up to a strong home record. 

If some of those things can be removed or suppressed then that can only be good for the racing. The shape is good even though it could do with a bit of widening IMO.  

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

In my opinion the dirt used at Lynn is unique, high clay content and ideal for stock cars which is the sport that brings the money in at the AFA. It’s been the norm to pile the shale on and make away riders uncomfortable as they don’t ride tracks like that very often and you would see riders fighting the bike to keep it on a good line making overtaking difficult especially when getting sprayed with heavy dirt which slows you down. Also bike set up is unique, all adding up to a strong home record. 

If some of those things can be removed or suppressed then that can only be good for the racing. The shape is good even though it could do with a bit of widening IMO.  

The dirt is scraped off for the stock cars,so they should be able to use a different type you would have thought.Might come down to cost?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

That would be nice , but wont happen.

Last season averages, Lambo, Cookie and Eric  24.12 at home. Away 20.13.

5 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

That would be nice , but wont happen.

Last season averages, Lambo, Cookie and Eric  24.12 at home. Away 20.13.

It'll be a tough ask but it's certainly required that a minimum of 25 points is scored by those three home and away

On 1/10/2020 at 8:12 PM, tellboy said:

Don't agree with the statement concerning Lambert and Cook that they should average double figures without too many problems.There has been many better and experienced riders in this weaker league that haven't done that including Doyle,Iversen,Lindgren to name a few.When was the last rider to average 10pts?I am not picking just saying it is very hard to average double figures.

I hope your right though,if those 2 average 10 or more Lynn will easily make the play-offs and hopefully win the league for the first time.

Get it right they won the league in 2018!!!

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

It'll be a tough ask but it's certainly required that a minimum of 25 points is scored by those three home and away

Away it will be more than 25 with those 2nd strings.

Jorgensen and Kerr don't look like they can step up to me and that is a big problem for this king's Lynn team. When you look at Swindon and BV they have 2nd strings who you could argue a case for in that they could step up as the season makes progress. Bewley and Ellis are capable riders and you could see them both as potential 3rd heat leaders.

KL are VERY reliant on that top 3 and it's going to hurt. If one drops off, and I'm relating to away form here, then more spankings on the road will be par for the course. Much like 2019.

Last thing KL need to do btw is change the material on the track. They've got it down and keeps the home record solid.

1 hour ago, acef said:

Away it will be more than 25 with those 2nd strings.

Jorgensen and Kerr don't look like they can step up to me and that is a big problem for this king's Lynn team. When you look at Swindon and BV they have 2nd strings who you could argue a case for in that they could step up as the season makes progress. Bewley and Ellis are capable riders and you could see them both as potential 3rd heat leaders.

KL are VERY reliant on that top 3 and it's going to hurt. If one drops off, and I'm relating to away form here, then more spankings on the road will be par for the course. Much like 2019.

Last thing KL need to do btw is change the material on the track. They've got it down and keeps the home record solid.

The riders don't enjoy racing on it though, they feel like passengers, that's no good for anyone .....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trees said:

The riders don't enjoy racing on it though, they feel like passengers, that's no good for anyone .....

At least it’s consistent, they know the set up and can pretty much guarantee a pay packet.

As much as they may dislike it, change it and suddenly that home form goes.

Kings lynn has a great shape and imo should be one of the better racing tracks in this country. It’s ideal for the modern machine but unfortunately stocks take priority.

Thats the money spinner.

Edited by acef
  • Like 1

We seem to discuss the track at Kings Lynn all the time, how it used to be and how it is now and how it favours the home team but i feel most home fans would forgive the occasional loss for better racing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1