British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

8 hours ago, Woffy said:

Get it right they won the league in 2018!!!

Where in the record books does it say Kings Lynn Stars won the league in 2018?

9 hours ago, Woffy said:

In old money,yes.But as it is now we only topped the league we didn't win it:t:

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

We seem to discuss the track at Kings Lynn all the time, how it used to be and how it is now and how it favours the home team but i feel most home fans would forgive the occasional loss for better racing. 

Definitely for me, I won't be going much ( as last season ) unless when I do chance an early season visit the quality of the racing is much improved. Just too boring otherwise!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Woffy said:

The only thing they 'won' was the right to pick their opponents in the play offs ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, mrss said:

Where in the record books does it say Kings Lynn Stars won the league in 2018?

I think I need a bigger fishing rod at this rate

Isn't it boring on here now we know our team?!:rofl:

10 hours ago, kelvinht said:

No shock signings and nothing to get excited about with this team. 

4 of the 7 shouldn't have been included 

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

No shock signings and nothing to get excited about with this team. 

4 of the 7 shouldn't have been included 

2 maybe 3,but 4 is a few to many i think.The reason the thread is boring now is simply because the team is now known.Look at the other threads it's mainly Ipswich and Peterborough that are still going.That says it all really.

Maybe there is some truth in naming your side gradually that they get more exposure to the media etc.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

2 maybe 3,but 4 is a few to many i think.The reason the thread is boring now is simply because the team is now known.Look at the other threads it's mainly Ipswich and Peterborough that are still going.That says it all really.

Maybe there is some truth in naming your side gradually that they get more exposure to the media etc.

Gets tedious though. It was strung out long enough. This team is alright! I'm glad cook and Lambert are in. And riss. The rest all have a point to prove and that's never a bad thing. 

They should have announced it at a gathering told some anecdotes. Got all the current fans buzzing. Drip feeding it isn't really looking after the current fans. This sport won't be packed with fans ever again so look after the ones that are there. Give us a night out with names being announced. It's  personable. Reading it on news sights  doesn't really do that for me. But that's just my opinion on it.

21 hours ago, kelvinht said:

Who went to the Lewi Kerr night?

3 hours ago, Trees said:

Who went to the Lewi Kerr night?

Looking at the photo there wasn't that many.    Probably it would have been better had they opened the bar on a week night for the supporters to come and chat,  then occasionally announced  certain riders would drop in to meet the punters,    that way Lewis Kerr and some of the others could have popped in the promote the team instead of us always paying for the privilege.   

21 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

I'm glad cook and Lambert are in. And riss. The rest all have a point to prove and that's never a bad thing. 

Several points to prove especially if any of the rest can close the gap on the away points they are capable of scoring.