British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Any truth that KL have sacked Lambert and got Michael Lee back on board !:party:

Suprised lynn didn’t get Niels back! Our team look proper weak now imo 

Edited by pubichair

1 minute ago, pubichair said:

Suprised lynn didn’t get Niels back! Our team look proper weak now imo 

They presumably felt Lambert and Cook were better bets as a top two, also it’s taken P’boro until the middle of February to persuade him which must be a factor. Time will tell if the choice was correct. 

3 hours ago, PBK said:

Any truth that KL have sacked Lambert and got Michael Lee back on board !:party:

At 61, he makes Crump look like a spring chicken ;)

Well done Lewis for being named captain much deserved have a lot  of respect for the guy But on the other hand ridiculous decision to give him a 2 year deal. 

Any chance of the Stars being crowned Champions need to be put on hold again, for another years at least.   Strange how other teams can pull out the stops to acquire certain riders when we always seems to take the easy options.    Being a speedway supporter rather then one specific team fan, I imagine I will go the showground more this year than I would normally.   Looking at their six riders led by our old  boss-man Rob Lyons , they sure have a better quality about them than Stars do....    Coupled with an exciting track, hard earnt money would be better spent watching thrilling races,   than the usual 'follow the leader' stuff served up at Lynn....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, g13webb said:

Any chance of the Stars being crowned Champions need to be put on hold again, for another years at least.   Strange how other teams can pull out the stops to acquire certain riders when we always seems to take the easy options.    Being a speedway supporter rather then one specific team fan, I imagine I will go the showground more this year than I would normally.   Looking at their six riders led by our old  boss-man Rob Lyons , they sure have a better quality about them than Stars do....    Coupled with an exciting track, hard earnt money would be better spent watching thrilling races,   than the usual 'follow the leader' stuff served up at Lynn....

Look at it from busters eyes we have the greatest track and team in the world at lynn this year lol 

• Haha 1

Makes a lot of sense giving Lewis the captaincy, think he will do a great job. 

The two year deal is obviously linked to his testimonial but if for whatever reason he doesn’t fit next year don’t be surprised if he ends up elsewhere, we’ve seen these ‘two year deals’ only last one season before, just a bit of PR really. 

And how we’ve missed the early morning GRW lectures :D  I’d suggest we all wait and see who Panthers’ last two signings are and how their whole team performs on the track. And what the racing turns out to be like at the two venues. It wasn’t as good at their place last year and we’ve been promised less grip at Lynn so let’s see how things pan out. Will be more reliable than Webbo’s crystal ball / tea leaves / tarot cards :D 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

That's just it  Baggy,  all we have had for 50 odd years is expectations, based on biased personal opinions, but never had the real thing.    The number of times that I have thought we have a real good chance of success I could count on one hand....  Mostly I feel we are only there to make the numbers up...…..

Such as I do feel of our chances,      I've got a fiver to say the Panthers will go further this season than the Stars...         and that to any Stars fan has to be insulting....

They may well do but it’s impossible to say. The last three seasons Swindon, Lynn and Ipswich all got to the Play Off final despite being tipped to finish bottom of the pile, that’s how unpredictable such a small league can be. I think P’boro look slightly better than us (assuming their last two signings use their remaining points properly) but I certainly wouldn’t put money on it. Swindon are most people’s tip for the top but they could quite easily struggle if one or two riders have a tough time, a bit like Robert last season. My expectations are fairly modest as usual, I think we will finish bang  in the middle bit like the last two years it could go either way. Don’t forget we would have won the title at a canter in 2018 but for injuries, we ‘won’ the league table comfortably even though pretty much everybody thought we would be bottom. 

Edited by Bagpuss

Looks like buster has put a lot more into Peterborough than Kings Lynn this coming season. We could of had.

1 Lambert

2 Kerr

3 Iversen

4 Riss

5 Cook

6 Proctor

7 Mountian

Explain what you mean by ‘a lot more’. 

I wouldn't say the Panthers team looks more expensive than the King's Lynn team 

• Like 1