British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

As the famous quote goes....

You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig! :P;)

You found a shade which suits Paul Lambert yet :lol: 

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Theres not enough make up in the world to cover up the deficiencies of the Town right now :t:

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I’ll have you know he played for Dortmund in the European Champions League final.   Not sure if Lambo has mentioned that today ( still it’s only 9am, plenty of time).

Colin will be replacing him very soon.

• Haha 1

Colin going into Portaloo Road will transform them :unsure:

Edited by Bagpuss

And the really exciting thing is for season 21/22  Ipswich could have new opposition for the Old Farm Derby.   Kings Lynn v Ipswich might not  just be a Speedway fixture :t::unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did posters attend the dirt track show over the weekend and if so how successful was it. 
I was tempted to go but standing outside all day in March put me off to be honest. 

Yep i was there on Saturday, there was something happening on track all day, apart from track grades. During track grade time there was a motorcycle stunt team performing on the centre concrete or drift cars. There was a fair in the main car park together with a monster truck that the public could ride on. Around the perimeter of the track inside and outside the stadium there was trade stands mainly geared towards speedway and grasstrack. The event was very well organised and I would like to think the organisers would have been pleased with Saturdays attendance.

• Thanks 2

I too was there all day on Saturday  -mostly to see the new generation of UK speedway riders ( and some were truly exceptional ). It was a well organised and very intersting day - the 2 Brothers Stunt Team were excelllent. However on the attendance it sounds like VERY rose tinted glasses were counting, as I estimated there were less than a well supported regualr speedway match! 1.500 tops and that in great weather for the time of the year.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

When was the Erik Riss chat. Last night or next week. I'm a bit behind on speedway news

It was yesterday. Erik, TJ and Lewis had a practice yesterday too.

Things not looking to good ,With the covid19,  but will be at P&P to see the boys in action.

Good to see that Lewis and TJ did well in the Ben Fund meeting today. 

With TJ scoring 11 from his 5 rides, and Lewis 12 from his 5, and making the final, only to retire on lap 1 due to a chain I believe? :(

5 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Press and practice tomorrow has been cancelled 

Glad to see that decision has been taken.  Press & Practice seems a waste of time until it's know whether the sport is going to happen this season later in the year, as it certainly can't start as originally planned.  A large percentage of customers will be in the isolation bracket alone, with at least one promoter that I can think of.