British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

I would like to mourn the passing of Stars superfan and season ticket holder - David Mckuen, who passed away last week after a short illness. David was devoted to the Stars and attended every year since they opened ( and also the Linnets football team ). He was a kind and generous man who went out of his way to give me a lift to Stars matches. If you knew him on the first bend terraces, join me in a There You Go friend salute. R.I.P. David. God Bless.

• Like 6

Anyone know what Peter Schroek was suggesting re riders in the Lynn News? Seems as if he was suggesting local riders riding for local teams when (if) season gets going?

Maybe suggesting air travel won’t be possible for sometime to come.   Though can see Social distancing will be around for a good while yet

• Like 3

Pretty convenient Robert Lambert is "stranded in Poland" due to Coronavirus :rolleyes:

Oh my god, never saw that coming did we :lol::rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Pretty convenient Robert Lambert is "stranded in Poland" due to Coronavirus :rolleyes:

Oh my god, never saw that coming did we :lol::rolleyes:

done any other moaning about the nhs on twitter recently? 

12 hours ago, therefused said:

done any other moaning about the nhs on twitter recently? 

Yep, plenty thanks. My partner quit New Cross Wolverhampton due to bulls#!+ going on. 

There's a lot of very very bad practice & miss management going on in the NHS but nobody dare speak up except for trying to throw the government under a bus. 

Happy but not happy & upset to be the bad guy if you like. 

A few bullet points for you

• PPE being wasted for social media videos
  • Gowns are an unnecessary shortage concern in the fight against Coronavirus
  • Staff refusing to work Corona wards even though their own wards are empty
  • Staff congregating from all wards every Thursday @8 & not adhereing to necessary social distancing
  • 1000's of PPE in hospital storage that is out of date but safe in the protection against Coronavirus
  • Departments refusing to share PPE with Corona wards although they're not busy or short of PPE
  • Staff hoarding PPE from other staff

That's a few. It's a horrible horrible place to be & staff are regularly being threatened with the sack by Matrons.

For the record, my partner WAS involved in infection prevention & another ward killed her elderly, vulnerable auntie buy putting her, with dementia, a chest infection & renal faliure into a Corona riddled care home. 

So yes, this #ClapForCareers is absolutely bull$#!+ imo & I'm / we are fookin angry

• Sad 1

I agree with some of that - The Clap for NHS & Carers may be a good idea for memebrs of the public but does not need orchestrated singing and dancing from Blue Light staff ( and now Carers ) In particular with some Carers moving from house to house withour any ( in some cases ) PPE and can so easily be a source of spreading infectiona. Staff in the NHS and Emergency Services are doing a splendid job - in dangerous and difficult circumstances.

A Thank You for that but sutained "applause" and appreciation should be kept for when the virus is defeated ( if indeed it is - pre vaccine availability ). In a true emergency - as we have now - almost a war like setting - those in jobs where such max, sutained efforts are of course naturally demanded, have little choice but to do their best.

My biggest concern is whay I consider to be a weak and woeful response to Vovid 19 by the recently elected Government and the Prime Minister.

Almost anyone can govern the country when all is well but we need real leadership ( without  political overtones ) in the current crisis. Where is it?

These running things now ( who I voted for ) are proving not to be up to the task. Falling at the first hurdle in my opinion.

Edited by waytogo28
correction

So we possibly locked everyone up in their homes with infected family members...

15 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Yep, plenty thanks. My partner quit New Cross Wolverhampton due to bulls#!+ going on. 

There's a lot of very very bad practice & miss management going on in the NHS but nobody dare speak up except for trying to throw the government under a bus. 

Happy but not happy & upset to be the bad guy if you like. 

A few bullet points for you

• PPE being wasted for social media videos
  • Gowns are an unnecessary shortage concern in the fight against Coronavirus
  • Staff refusing to work Corona wards even though their own wards are empty
  • Staff congregating from all wards every Thursday @8 & not adhereing to necessary social distancing
  • 1000's of PPE in hospital storage that is out of date but safe in the protection against Coronavirus
  • Departments refusing to share PPE with Corona wards although they're not busy or short of PPE
  • Staff hoarding PPE from other staff

That's a few. It's a horrible horrible place to be & staff are regularly being threatened with the sack by Matrons.

For the record, my partner WAS involved in infection prevention & another ward killed her elderly, vulnerable auntie buy putting her, with dementia, a chest infection & renal faliure into a Corona riddled care home. 

So yes, this #ClapForCareers is absolutely bull$#!+ imo & I'm / we are fookin angry

Same here, sadly almost word for word, especialy hi-lited emboldened part, + a much younger family member hospitalised with full-on Covid-19 symptoms.

You could also add staff wandering from department to department and and / or standing around in huddles gossiping - all without the sometimes 'fashion item regarded' PPE gear that some bleat on they so desperately need.  There are of course many very caring, dedicated and hard-working NHS staff too.

I'll stop in order to calm down and before I say something I may later regret, except s*** got real....

Edited by martinmauger
slightly cleaned up post 2x
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 2:40 PM, Richard Weston said:

Anyone know what Peter Schroek was suggesting re riders in the Lynn News? Seems as if he was suggesting local riders riding for local teams when (if) season gets going?

Nothing going to happen this year I'm afraid to say.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 2:40 PM, Richard Weston said:

The Royston Vasey Vikings...

"This is a  local club for local people".... :D

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

The Royston Vasey Vikings...

"This is a  local club for local people".... :D

Royston is the other side of Cambridge, so not that local then. :rofl:

Great news about training track hopefully maybe a NL team in the Future .