British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Where is it going to be built? On the centre grey or in the car park behind the stadium...?

might be too close to the big drainage system in place if it was on the centre, and also didn't think Buster owned the back carpark.

i'm wondering about one of the fields opposite?

14 minutes ago, stevehone said:

might be too close to the big drainage system in place if it was on the centre, and also didn't think Buster owned the back carpark.

i'm wondering about one of the fields opposite?

Suspect you are right about the car park..borough council owned??

On 5/29/2020 at 3:37 PM, Greg said:

Great news about training track hopefully maybe a NL team in the Future .

If i understood things correctly the NL is being phased out, but it will be interesting what the stand alone NL clubs such as Mildenhall, IOW, and Plymouth will do, however i stand to be corrected if my take on things is wrong.

Great to see Robert top score for Rybnik against Zielona Gora 14 points from 6 rides looks like he is back to his best, let’s hope so anyway

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Clive Ward said:

Great to see Robert top score for Rybnik against Zielona Gora 14 points from 6 rides looks like he is back to his best, let’s hope so anyway

Great to see, while Bewley struggled to score a single point on Friday. With some one Facebook saying Bewley will be better than Lambert. Time will tell. Great to see England’s next great hope starting so well. 

26 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Great to see, while Bewley struggled to score a single point on Friday. With some one Facebook saying Bewley will be better than Lambert. Time will tell. Great to see England’s next great hope starting so well. 

Robert has 2 full seasons on Bewley in Poland, one being at the top level. At the moment there is no comparison.

Dont understand why people must do divide and conquer with British riders (and I’m not saying you do).

I can’t remember the last time we had 3 British riders in the top flight of Poland.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, acef said:

Robert has 2 full seasons on Bewley in Poland, one being at the top level. At the moment there is no comparison.

Dont understand why people must do divide and conquer with British riders (and I’m not saying you do).

I can’t remember the last time we had 3 British riders in the top flight of Poland.

Thing is for Bewley, could he come back from a flop season in Poland? They're not very forgiving to British rider's if they don't hit the ground running in the Exstraliga. He'll be stuck in the 2nd - 3rd tier over there. 

18 hours ago, Clive Ward said:

His gating was better than last season. More like the 2018 season, when he was on fire. He looked very fast yesterday. Long may it continue.  :)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, acef said:

Don’t get me wrong. My response is to pretty much anyone that thinks Bewley is already the better prospect which I’m seeing a lot on social media even after his dismal showing on Friday. It’s more a reality check that some say he will be in the GPS before Robert. 

I couldn’t be any more happier we have riders in Poland which can only be a great thing for our future. 

Obviously Robert has more experience, he is older! but both still have a mass of growth in them so we should be applauding both. 

And I definitely fall into that category to be clear. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Don’t get me wrong. My response is to pretty much anyone that thinks Bewley is already the better prospect which I’m seeing a lot on social media even after his dismal showing on Friday. It’s more a reality check that some say he will be in the GPS before Robert. 

I couldn’t be any more happier we have riders in Poland which can only be a great thing for our future. 

Obviously Robert has more experience, he is older! but both still have a mass of growth in them so we should be applauding both. 

And I definitely fall into that category to be clear. 

I don’t think Dan was dismal on Friday. We really have to look at the context. This was his first Polish top level meeting. He was quick enough. The kid has no balls and that needs to change but I thought he was okay. With the above adjustment in a new set of balls he will do ok.

Some people expert an inexperienced kid to just rock up and bag a load of points. Not gonna happen.

Robert is miles ahead in Poland, no doubt. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, acef said:

I don’t think Dan was dismal on Friday. We really have to look at the context. This was his first Polish top level meeting. He was quick enough. The kid has no balls and that needs to change but I thought he was okay. With the above adjustment in a new set of balls he will do ok.

Some people expert an inexperienced kid to just rock up and bag a load of points. Not gonna happen.

Robert is miles ahead in Poland, no doubt. 

Huge learning curve for the lad but it will help if people stop presuming he will be GP standard within 2 years (as previously discussed from discussions on social media) and let him grow naturally with no added pressures.

Lambert is miles ahead of Bewley all over. Not sure why anyone feels a need to compare them. There is no comparison right now. Or should be. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

His gating was better than last season. More like the 2018 season, when he was on fire. He looked very fast yesterday. Long may it continue.  :)

And aggressive, which he was missing last year after his two big crashes. Hopefully that performance last night was an indication of how his season will go. 

18 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

And aggressive, which he was missing last year after his two big crashes. Hopefully that performance last night was an indication of how his season will go. 

Yep, agree Baggy. Lets hope so :t:

On 6/15/2020 at 11:19 AM, Daniel Smith said:

Thing is for Bewley, could he come back from a flop season in Poland? They're not very forgiving to British rider's if they don't hit the ground running in the Exstraliga. He'll be stuck in the 2nd - 3rd tier over there. 

As much as riding at a technical track such as Newcastle 2 - 3 times a season would be for Dan Bewley i reckon 2nd or 3rd tier in Poland would be far better for his long term career in the sport

• Like 4