British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

It looks like Woffy may have taken Dan under his wing, which has to be a good thing, plus Max, who he knows well, is there as well.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 2

I thought Lambo looked sharp in the SEC yesterday - and he tops the table.  Hope he gets to ride for KL this season as he has also started well in the Polish league.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve0 said:

I thought Lambo looked sharp in the SEC yesterday - and he tops the table.  Hope he gets to ride for KL this season as he has also started well in the Polish league.

Lets hope this is the year Lambo kicks on. He's looking very good.

• Like 2

Certainly looks the part so far this year and while it's early days he looks like he could really break through to world class status if he carries on in the same vein and can avoid injuries. Seems to have his feet on the ground too going by his interview. Could be a man in demand next season. 

6 hours ago, Steve0 said:

My guess March 2021 is realistic start date  for the Uk Season to start 

1 hour ago, Haza said:

My guess March 2021 is realistic start date  for the Uk Season to start 

It wouldn't suprise me.

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

It wouldn't suprise me.

All in the hands of the government of course.Now you are allowed back in pubs and restaurants i can't see no reason why we couldn't go back to speedway in this country.Can easily social distance and in the open air too.Imo your more likely to get covid inside a pub/restaurant than you are attending a speedway meeting.

• Like 1

I'd go with 2021 Robert Lambert doesn't ride the UK. 

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'd go with 2021 Robert Lambert doesn't ride the UK. 

I’d not disagree with that at all 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tellboy said:

All in the hands of the government of course.Now you are allowed back in pubs and restaurants i can't see no reason why we couldn't go back to speedway in this country.Can easily social distance and in the open air too.Imo your more likely to get covid inside a pub/restaurant than you are attending a speedway meeting.

Not good reading today especially front page of Telegraph (traditionally a Paper that gets accurate leaked info from Tories).

Says Govt going to announce a number of Elite Sporting Events in July / August (most tbh already known like F1 / Open Golf / Test Cricket / Champions League) but all will be "behind closed doors, this announcement will be part of stage 4 easing.

It says no spectators at sport until "final stage later in the year".

The wording suggests that "later in the year" is not before beginning of September and may even be later.

At best then 8-9 weeks of Speedway but probably less.

Few Open Meeting at Tracks who want to run them would seem best option based on that if correct.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HGould said:

Not good reading today especially front page of Telegraph (traditionally a Paper that gets accurate leaked info from Tories).

Says Govt going to announce a number of Elite Sporting Events in July / August (most tbh already known like F1 / Open Golf / Test Cricket / Champions League) but all will be "behind closed doors, this announcement will be part of stage 4 easing.

It says no spectators at sport until "final stage later in the year".

The wording suggests that "later in the year" is not before beginning of September and may even be later.

At best then 8-9 weeks of Speedway but probably less.

Few Open Meeting at Tracks who want to run them would seem best option based on that if correct.

March 2021 is most realistic start date sadly 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, tellboy said:

That's my view, especially with speedways meagre attendances.

• Like 2

Agree.I think the AFA holds 5-6000. So 1500 at 1m apart is a breaze. Just needs someone outside the loo's, making sure there's not to many in at any one time.:t::)

Premiership Football grounds hold 60,000 and running with 0

I think Silverstone holds 120,000 will be running with 0 for Formula 1.

A few open meetings ??? what's the point ???

Long overdue for the BSPA to make a decision and focus on 2021

• Like 2

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Premiership Football grounds hold 60,000 and running with 0

I think Silverstone holds 120,000 will be running with 0 for Formula 1.

A few open meetings ??? what's the point ???

Long overdue for the BSPA to make a decision and focus on 2021

I suspect the promoters have more of an idea what's worth running than a cynical onlooker desperate to be proved right. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Haha 1