On 10/1/2019 at 11:39 PM, lisa-colette said:

Mick Norris?? Hahaha. 

He wasn’t as good as his son

• Haha 1

Lambo has turned the corner. Don't think we will see him in the UK next year

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Lambo has turned the corner. Don't think we will see him in the UK next year

why next year, what about now?

never know, he might feel with how it's going in Poland he has to be 100% with that?

or, he might be 'asked' not to ride by his Polish club

good luck to him i say, he's proving to some of last season's doubters that he does have the talent

Edited by stevehone
  • Like 1

A bit more encouraging.fingers crossed.

THE board of directors at the British Speedway Promoters Ltd were encouraged by the significant easing of restrictions announced on Thursday.

Oliver Dowden MP, Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, revealed how grassroots team sports can resume from this weekend. Sports will need to publish specific guidance approved by government officials.

Members of the British Speedway Promoters Ltd have, in the last two weeks, been working on how our sport can work safely for competitors, officials and spectators alike. We believe the biggest risk to riders is the natural danger element of racing motorbikes with no brakes.

Clubs have already been planning how social distance measures can be taken for spectators and again we must emphasise speedway venues rarely host capacity attendances.

Grassroots team sports inevitably include a small spectator element and we believe we are within touching distance of our sport being able to start a reduced season.

However, we acknowledge the clock is ticking and if we cannot begin league racing in August there is every chance the season will run out of time.

We thank all British Speedway supporters for their patience and understanding and wish to assure everyone we are doing everything within our power to start the season next month in a safe and enjoyable manner.

We will update more as soon as further information becomes available.

Its grate to see Robert doing so well in Poland and winning against G/P riders But a lot  looks like his bikes are getting the power which has been a handicap for several times. who is doing his motors in Poland as it must be someone from either Poland or perhaps Germany. 

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

A bit more encouraging.fingers crossed.

THE board of directors at the British Speedway Promoters Ltd were encouraged by the significant easing of restrictions announced on Thursday.

Oliver Dowden MP, Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, revealed how grassroots team sports can resume from this weekend. Sports will need to publish specific guidance approved by government officials.

Members of the British Speedway Promoters Ltd have, in the last two weeks, been working on how our sport can work safely for competitors, officials and spectators alike. We believe the biggest risk to riders is the natural danger element of racing motorbikes with no brakes.

Clubs have already been planning how social distance measures can be taken for spectators and again we must emphasise speedway venues rarely host capacity attendances.

Grassroots team sports inevitably include a small spectator element and we believe we are within touching distance of our sport being able to start a reduced season.

However, we acknowledge the clock is ticking and if we cannot begin league racing in August there is every chance the season will run out of time.

We thank all British Speedway supporters for their patience and understanding and wish to assure everyone we are doing everything within our power to start the season next month in a safe and enjoyable manner.

We will update more as soon as further information becomes available.

If and it’s still a big if the season gets under way in August with social distancing the concerns I’d have is with the age group of speedway fans ie many 50 and older how many of this group will actually turn up for meetings ? It’s a massive gamble to start the season I think unless this group turn up each week - the conclusion I’ve come to is why not for this season only live stream meetings for say £9.99 a meeting those who feel safe to go pay as normal at the gate and those who don’t feel they are able to attend watch on the live stream this way the club wouldn’t lose revenue. 

Edited by Haza

42 minutes ago, Haza said:

If and it’s still a big if the season gets under way in August with social distancing the concerns I’d have is with the age group of speedway fans ie many 50 and older how many of this group will actually turn up for meetings ? It’s a massive gamble to start the season I think unless this group turn up each week - the conclusion I’ve come to is why not for this season only live stream meetings for say £9.99 a meeting those who feel safe to go pay as normal at the gate and those who don’t feel they are able to attend watch on the live stream this way the club wouldn’t lose revenue. 

My view would be that this would pull in less money than just sticking to the standard entry and many not turning up

Many in the group you mention wont stream whatever the cost and many that would stream would watch together and share the cost

22 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

My view would be that this would pull in less money than just sticking to the standard entry and many not turning up

Many in the group you mention wont stream whatever the cost and many that would stream would watch together and share the cost

True - it was just an idea - I then think it’s a big financial risk for any club to start the season with possibly many staying away -though could it have the opposite effect If it was to start In August  11months since last season ended could it get big crowds - who’d be a speedway promoter ? Difficult decisions lie ahead .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Haza said:

I like your idea,but i kind of disagree about the age group and social distancing.I do deliveries to many households now and the worst people for social distancing are the older generation.They always seem to want to get close and chat.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

Its grate to see Robert doing so well in Poland and winning against G/P riders But a lot  looks like his bikes are getting the power which has been a handicap for several times. who is doing his motors in Poland as it must be someone from either Poland or perhaps Germany. 

Flemming Graversen

22 hours ago, stevehone said:

why next year, what about now?

never know, he might feel with how it's going in Poland he has to be 100% with that?

or, he might be 'asked' not to ride by his Polish club

good luck to him i say, he's proving to some of last season's doubters that he does have the talent

I say good luck too.But just think if he carries on like he is doing, he will miss UK.

Stock car racing returns 1st Aug with limited crowd - will this open the way for speedway to return ? 

44 minutes ago, Haza said:

Stock car racing returns 1st Aug with limited crowd - will this open the way for speedway to return ? 

Surely Speedway can not afford to run with limited crowds?, it loses money with what little crowd it gets now.