British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

24 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Surely Speedway can not afford to run with limited crowds?, it loses money with what little crowd it gets now.

Mate who helped at Wheels and helps at Hednesford told me that Bangers and Stocks might be back sooner than speedway. Drivers pay to race and sport is classed as amateur as a result, so may have found a loophole speedway can't find yet.

23 minutes ago, HGould said:

Mate who helped at Wheels and helps at Hednesford told me that Bangers and Stocks might be back sooner than speedway. Drivers pay to race and sport is classed as amateur as a result, so may have found a loophole speedway can't find yet.

Should make no difference - the number of competitors in the pits area as well as the number of paying spectators should be all that matters

Whether a sport is amateur  or professional isnt a scientific distinction made by a virus.......

Stock cars return to Ipswich on July 25th, with spectators. Details on Spedeworth website.

I still think speedway season starting is little more than 50/50 mainly because of costs and riders being available and the age group of the majority of fans if they will turn up it’s a big gamble - stock cars isn’t such a gamble 

1 hour ago, Haza said:

I still think speedway season starting is little more than 50/50 mainly because of costs and riders being available and the age group of the majority of fans if they will turn up it’s a big gamble - stock cars isn’t such a gamble 

Agree with you on this. ANY spectators at a stock car meeting is pretty much all profit as the competitors pay to enter

Speedway with a limited crowd (when even a full attendance potentially makes a loss) is a big call for a promotion to make

I'm all for caution, but it could spell disastrous for the sport, if it's decided not to run, despite being given the green light. Can you imagine no racing in this country until Easter next year. It would be very hard to keep speedway in the public eye during such a long break.

No league racing this year, maybe challenge match or individual meetings in October

On 7/13/2020 at 6:36 PM, Ringitsneck said:

Surely Speedway can not afford to run with limited crowds?, it loses money with what little crowd it gets now.

It runs with limited crowds now.

20 hours ago, Warriors said:

It runs with limited crowds now.

Absolutely, apart from Wolverhampton that I can think of, social distancing for a Premiership club would be easy to achieve with their regular crowds

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Absolutely, apart from Wolverhampton that I can think of, social distancing for a Premiership club would be easy to achieve with their regular crowds

Think Belle Vue could struggle too as half would have to vacate the grandstand seats and no standing on either bends.

28 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Think Belle Vue could struggle too as half would have to vacate the grandstand seats and no standing on either bends.

don't be stupid your having a laugh :rofl: we will be having some meetings this year for sure !! bet wolves won't  be :nono:

29 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

grandstand alone seats 1800 easily distance there get 600 no problem 1200 back straight again 400 distanced again total 1000 comfortable :t:

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

don't be stupid your having a laugh :rofl: we will be having some meetings this year for sure !! bet wolves won't  be :nono:

Bully for you :rofl:

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

grandstand alone seats 1800 easily distance there get 600 no problem 1200 back straight again 400 distanced again total 1000 comfortable :t:

No way could you use 1 in 3 seats and meet the current distancing guidelines

I do agree though if any clubs hold meetings in 2020 that Belle Vue will be one of them and possibly the only one even if it just the SON :t:

• Like 1