British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

3 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Bully for you :rofl:

great isn't perhaps come and watch at proper stadium & racing track :party:

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

No way could you use 1 in 3 seats and meet the current distancing guidelines

I do agree though if any clubs hold meetings in 2020 that Belle Vue will be one of them and possibly the only one even if it just the SON :t:

easy and you are socially distanced !!

20 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

easy and you are socially distanced !!

So there is 2 metres between row A and Row B etc and 2 metres between seat 1 an seat 3 etc?

I call bull on that one - no stand in any stadium for any sport has that space and leg room

The guidelines would have to alter significantly for 1 in 3 usage. Right now would be lucky for half that

14 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

So there is 2 metres between row A and Row B etc and 2 metres between seat 1 an seat 3 etc?

I call bull on that one - no stand in any stadium for any sport has that space and leg room

The guidelines would have to alter significantly for 1 in 3 usage. Right now would be lucky for half that

14 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

it's now 1 metre distance !!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

i go with my wife & daughter so us 3 can sit together don't have to be socially distanced so families can go as a group !!

15 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

it's now 1 metre distance !!

No it's not- its 1m+ in all circumstances (additional precautions must be taken where less than 2) with a min 2 wherever possible

A stand would be classed as 2m being possible and capacity restricted as such

8 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

i go with my wife & daughter so us 3 can sit together don't have to be socially distanced so families can go as a group !!

Fair point and could help boost capacity if it can be managed correctly 

As I said, all except Wolverhampton could make social distancing work if they were to introduce acceptable precautions. It's not that much greater amount of work to do on a race day either.

This pandemic will still be around in March so clubs need to get their backsides in gear & have a couple of open meetings to trial for 2021 otherwise they're going to absolutely fooked

The tracks that do have plenty of space for social distancing will find in the early months especially if it happens that is, that people wont want to stand in the open areas when its cold and freeze for two hours, most will want to sit in a grandstand so many may turn up get turned away from the grandstand and the next week not bother  .

The back straight at Peterborough and the bends at Lynn are two examples of this.

• Like 1

I’d have thought meetings would be all ticket particularly for seated areas so people would know whether they ha e a seat or not before going.

• Like 1

Yes all ticket but grandstands are mostly on a first come basis unless the tickets will state which area it is for, maybe it will be a way of charging an extra fee for a grandstand seat. 

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I’d have thought meetings would be all ticket particularly for seated areas so people would know whether they ha e a seat or not before going.

I was looking at the Eastbourne website and the interview with Ian Jordan. He was sitting in what was once called the Royal Box. I can see the seats are numbered.

I can't remember them being numbered last year. Maybe they wear and I took no notice.

Well done Lambo - SEC winner.  Really showed how far he has come this season. Would have been good to see him in the U.K. rather than the telly box

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When the pressure was on he certainly produced the goods. Certainly made a big step up this year, let’s hope he can continue this present form and more importantly stay injury free.

Well done Robert all Kings Lynn fans should be well proud of you, brilliant performance.

• Like 2

I am beaming as a Lynn fan,but as i said in the SEC section this success may impact on whether we see him for Lynn next season.He deserves all the success he is having and you can't fault him for wanting to reach the top.I really hope he does even if it does mean he may miss riding for Lynn.

C'mon MRC make sure he stays at Lynn with a big sponsorship:t:

• Like 1