British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

Yes you are right Richard, and I think Mike Bennett was the first to call Simon 'Rambo Lambo' in public.

Thank you for the confirmation on that point -- I can now see/hear Mike and he was very good at those sort of phrases to give the riders some individual character....Milk it Millsy,  is another I recall.

• Like 1

Was it me or during Lamberts interview on Speedway GP last night, I get the impression we will not see him at Lynn next season?

Edited by S15BUT

On 10/4/2020 at 6:21 PM, S15BUT said:

Was it me or during Lamberts interview on Speedway GP last night, I get the impression we will not see him at Lynn next season?

And rightly so. His career is moving on & he doesn't need the messed up British Speedway. 

If he wants to still race every day he has Poland, Sweden, Denmark & Germany to do that

On 10/4/2020 at 6:21 PM, S15BUT said:

I think he said he hadn’t decided and that he would have to sit down and see how his schedule worked out. 

Obviously want him at Lynn again next year but wouldn’t blame him at all for dropping a league which would inevitably be the UK. 

Lambert will ride again in the top league in Sweden and Poland, with a probable team change in Poland, add on SGP and I would be surprised to see him sign on again for Kings Lynn

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, screm said:

Lambert will ride again in the top league in Sweden and Poland, with a probable team change in Poland, add on SGP and I would be surprised to see him sign on again for Kings Lynn

And SEC

And SON..

And maybe go through the GP Qualifications too?

I am sure he will want to give himself the maximum opportunity to stay at the 'top table' now he has deservedly put himself in and around that level.. 

A key year in his long term development next season, building on what has been an excellent season for him just gone..

He is now delivering the level that the 'potential' alluded to, however many have had that potential and not reached where he is now..

Maybe he will feel that not riding in the UK this year, has helped that development and will try more of the same blueprint next?

Can't knock the lad if that is what he decides..

• Like 2

IF the premiership comes to the tapes in March 2021,  and Lambert doesn't ride in the UK,  Iversen may return to Lynn and Bjerre to Peterborough 

I wouldn't blame Lambert not riding over here.   It just illustrates how far our position in the sport has dropped.  We can no longer compete  with those countries abroad, be it  the tracks, the competition,  nor the rewards.   This is not a moan,  merely a reality check....

i will look forward to seeing Robert on the telly, competing with the best and feel quietly confident  he'll continue with his amazing progress.   

When he wins that first World title,  I hope he will come back to Lynn just to show his and our appreciations. I sure the place would be packed... :t:

• Like 2

On 10/13/2020 at 11:59 AM, Daniel Smith said:

And rightly so. His career is moving on & he doesn't need the messed up British Speedway. 

If he wants to still race every day he has Poland, Sweden, Denmark & Germany to do that

In my opinion he would if logistics allowed be back at Kings Lynn before he rode in Denmark or Germany.

Lambert signs in sweden for 2021 so if polish rule applies not riding at LYNN !!

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

Lambert signs in sweden for 2021 so if polish rule applies not riding at LYNN !!

Same as no Lidsey at BV then.

Probably best to wait and see if the rule actually comes to pass. 

13 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

correct same has pedersen/holder sheffield and despite what doyle says he will sign for a swedish team before swindon because they offer contracts before british teams and there is certainity when we will start our season ?? 

16 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

something wolves don't have to bother about tho :rofl: