British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

On 11/29/2020 at 6:34 PM, Ringitsneck said:

You obviously haven’t been to Warsaw, Torun or seen the improvements at Bydgoszcz or Gdańsk or a few others for that matter . Polish fans are very knowledgable and very keen to talk to British fans, if you make the effort. Travel broadens the mind.

if you think Kings Lynn is good, you need to get around more.

I have actually been to Torun and Gdansk ...... Gdansk was not so concrete, they still had the old grandstand.

My club is King's Lynn, my passion is King's Lynn, no other team comes close.

It's the Polish fans that make their clubs, I've walked with hundreds of Gorzow fans to their stadium for a league meeting.  It would be like fans from all over King's Lynn gathering in the Tuesday Market Place then making their way en masse to Saddlebow Road, would be awesome if King's Lynn people cared enough!

Edited by Trees
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing wrong with supporting your team , just don’t do it with blinkers on.

Far better stadiums out there and far better race tracks. Lyn is good but just not THAT good!

• Like 1

Perhaps the enforsed 2020 season might have a good time to do alteration to the saddlebow track if anything was needed  (like widening the bends or making them higher) who knows.but with them having Stock Cars  who were able to run it wouldn't have been possible and the income was needed.and with them running over the  winter perhaps it could be done now if not many meeting have  been programmed.     

14 hours ago, Trees said:

I have actually been to Torun and Gdansk ...... Gdansk was not so concrete, they still had the old grandstand.

It's the Polish fans that make their clubs, I've walked with hundreds of Gorzow fans to their stadium for a league meeting.  It would be like fans from all over King's Lynn gathering in the Tuesday Market Place then making their way en masse to Saddlebow Road, would be awesome if King's Lynn people cared enough!

I might have meet you! did you go to a league match at Opole on the Friday night before the GP at Wroclaw in 2019?

22 hours ago, Trees said:

You really do need to dump those rose tinted glasses - Torun Is a great stadium Gdańsk is a dump compared to Torun - as for walking to the stadium Gorzow is in the city/town and they race mainly at the weekends  which very different from saddle Bow Road  it  is out of town and race on a weekday so finish work chase to the Tuesday market place walk to the stadium from there watch the meeting then go pick your car up from Tuesday market place arrive home 1-30 am ?? Yea people of Kings Lynn don’t care enough.

Edited by Haza
  • Haha 1

On 12/8/2020 at 7:26 PM, Haza said:

You really do need to dump those rose tinted glasses - Torun Is a great stadium Gdańsk is a dump compared to Torun - as for walking to the stadium Gorzow is in the city/town and they race mainly at the weekends  which very different from saddle Bow Road  it  is out of town and race on a weekday so finish work chase to the Tuesday market place walk to the stadium from there watch the meeting then go pick your car up from Tuesday market place arrive home 1-30 am ?? Yea people of Kings Lynn don’t care enough.

Oh read it again Haza, I don't think I suggested we should bloody walk from Tuesday Market Place to Lynn on a Monday night!! We all know you aren't a fan of Lynn anymore, god knows why you even post on here, you couldn't be more down on Lynn if you tried!!

• Haha 1

On 12/8/2020 at 9:47 AM, Ringitsneck said:

Far better stadiums out there and far better race tracks. Lyn is good but just not THAT good!

My point is I don't care about any other club however good or bad their stadium/track is ....

Lambert tweeted not riding in England this season !!

50 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

Lambert tweeted not riding in England this season !!

Good for him, the only decision he could make. 

It’s a great pity but I don’t blame him in the slightest. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

It’s a great pity but I don’t blame him in the slightest. 

And 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Cue the "turning his back on British Speedway", "he wouldn't be where he is now if it wasn't for British Speedway", "and just at the time British Speedway needs all the support it can get"...Comments..

He will be German next.... :D:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mikebv said:

And 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Cue the "turning his back on British Speedway", "he wouldn't be where he is now if it wasn't for British Speedway", "and just at the time British Speedway needs all the support it can get"...Comments..

He will be German next.... :D:D

british speedway didnt do anything for robert in his early stages,thats why he and his parents travelled to germany every weekend so robert could get some competative racing when he were 12/13.the powers that be would allow him to do so in the uk.isnt it strange how when he showed his real potential they were all over him.........another young rider that vatcher & co cant claim credit for

• Like 3

I guess we have to accept it was just a matter of time before this happened. Are any other Clubs/Riders in the UK affected in the same way by the Polish rules? Now Kings Lynn have to plan for life without Robert and I wonder what "Plan B" is. In fact I wonder if there IS a "Plan B"

His are mighty big boots to fill, and with the number of top class heat leaders diminishing all the time, will the AGM be the time to change the whole structure of British Speedway? We will have to wait and see!

On 12/8/2020 at 9:47 AM, Ringitsneck said:

kings Lynn was and still can be a great racing track,if the will is there.