British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Hadnt Doyle signed a deal in Sweden as well as Poland but dropped his Swedish commitment to stay loyal to British speedway? Seems the most loyal rider to these shores is an Aussie and full respect to him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

Hadnt Doyle signed a deal in Sweden as well as Poland but dropped his Swedish commitment to stay loyal to British speedway? Seems the most loyal rider to these shores is an Aussie and full respect to him.

Don't get things twisted though. He's not riding the UK 'for' Swindon. He's doing it for his family. He admitted he hated all his time away. 

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Don't get things twisted though. He's not riding the UK 'for' Swindon. He's doing it for his family. He admitted he hated all his time away. 

So what? Doyle has been one of the most committed riders I have seen on UK shores in 20 odd years. He has given nothing but 100 percent in every race he goes out in, never misses a meeting because he can''t be arsed and is pure entertainment. Has not once considered ducking the UK and would ride every day of the year if he could. You would struggle to find a rider past or present or future who puts a club before their family.

Lambert is just a prima donna, big sulking baby and your probably better off without him long term.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Jason Doyle rides with an England flag on the leg of his kevlars. Sure, it may be partly down to his family life but he is still loyal to this country and, thankfully, Swindon repayed that loyalty when the BSPA tried to get rid of him by giving him an average of over 13.

At least there's one GP rider who is keen to ride here.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Jason Doyle rides with an England flag on the leg of his kevlars. Sure, it may be partly down to his family life but he is still loyal to this country and, thankfully, Swindon repayed that loyalty when the BSPA tried to get rid of him by giving him an average of over 13.

I think the last line is key, ONE GP rider who rides over here, and if his family wasn’t based here I suspect he wouldn’t. 

Lambert no longer resides in the UK and as well as his two leagues will be doing GP, SEC and presumably GP qualifying. Riding once a week in Sweden rather than often twice over here plus the extra travelling and less down time must be a big factor in his decision. Loyalty doesn’t really come into it for me, he has to do the best for himself and his career whatever that means. Tai is obviously a role model and mentor for him and his achievements since he cut out UK racing speak for themselves. 

As I said I don’t blame him at all and hopefully he goes from strength to strength and continues to develop into a world class rider. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the last line is key, ONE GP rider who rides over here, and if his family wasn’t based here I suspect he wouldn’t. 

Lambert no longer resides in the UK and as well as his two leagues will be doing GP, SEC and presumably GP qualifying. Riding once a week in Sweden rather than often twice over here plus the extra travelling and less down time must be a big factor in his decision. Loyalty doesn’t really come into it for me, he has to do the best for himself and his career whatever that means. Tai is obviously a role model and mentor for him and his achievements since he cut out UK racing speak for themselves. 

As I said I don’t blame him at all and hopefully he goes from strength to strength and continues to develop into a world class rider. 

Definitely don’t blame him he’s got to do what’s right for him to maximise earnings and home life and of course his speedway career- as for racing in the Uk there is so much uncertainty regarding COVID restrictions personally I can’t see league racing starting here until possibly July 1st as we can’t run without crowds - sadly  speedway in the UK was on its knees before COVID - COVID has just made matters worse 

3 hours ago, Grachan said:

I'm sure I read it somewhere that Doyley - having lived in UK for some years - is going to seek British Citizenship in the not too distant future.

8 hours ago, Pinny said:

So what? Doyle has been one of the most committed riders I have seen on UK shores in 20 odd years. He has given nothing but 100 percent in every race he goes out in, never misses a meeting because he can''t be arsed and is pure entertainment. Has not once considered ducking the UK and would ride every day of the year if he could. You would struggle to find a rider past or present or future who puts a club before their family.

Lambert is just a prima donna, big sulking baby and your probably better off without him long term.

I like Doyle,but if he was at the beginning of his career with no family so to speak he would have dropped the UK imo.Just what Lambert has done.Doyle don't need to prove himself anymore.Lambert is now having to prove himself against the best riders in the world,and with the current restrictions the Poles have laid down i don't blame him racing Poland and Sweden.Although Sweden isn't as strong as it use to be it makes sense at the moment.Hopefully the Poles will drop the 2 league rule at some point and we may see some of the other riders back in the UK.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pinny said:

Agree regarding Lambert,just took the p*SS at times with Kings Lynn ,self interest was his main priority .

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Agree regarding Lambert,just took the p*SS at times with Kings Lynn ,self interest was his main priority .

You’ll have to remind me of those occasions as I was thinking today what a good servant to Lynn he’s been since he turned sixteen, maybe there are incidents I’ve forgotten? 

18 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You’ll have to remind me of those occasions as I was thinking today what a good servant to Lynn he’s been since he turned sixteen, maybe there are incidents I’ve forgotten? 

Probably virtually none, but if he reads the forum, at least it'll put his mind at rest making the decision he has.

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

Probably virtually none, but if he reads the forum, at least it'll put his mind at rest making the decision he has.

Virtually none,;) that covers it no doubt.

Edited by Fromafar

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

You can say what you like , Doyle flat out rides here and always has , before he had a family here. Tai and Lambert now both dont ride here.