British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

I don't think there will be any Speedway in G/B this year  but if there is there will be several teams wanting riders as several more like  Lambert will be optioning to ride only in Europe for several reasons  And all the Swindon riders will soon find other teams.  Jason Doyle lives/lived in Norwich and is Married / Partner to a nurse from the the N/N Hospital he would be a good target to fill Roberts shoes But we have a long way to. Teams could be all in one League.....Average points cut  money`points money cut     WHO KNOWS

//

on 

8 hours ago, NickH114 said:

If there is a Premiership this year i think its highly likely Doyle will be Stars No 1.

If there is a PL this year i can't see Doyle being the Stars No1.While it makes sense that he probably wants a team spot,Lynn would need a No1 and he only lives up the road.Would Buster drop other rider(s)to accommodate his average.He has over a pt more average than Lambert.

First of all though,lets just hope we do get to see some speedway this season.

Feels a bit like vultures picking over the bones of Swindon’s carcass, talking about Doyle. 

21 hours ago, NickH114 said:

If there is a Premiership this year i think its highly likely Doyle will be Stars No 1.

Could possibly go to Peterborough as they need No1 and still close to his Norwich base.

Most likely outcome will be Lynn re-signing Batchelor :lol:

• Haha 2

On 1/11/2021 at 1:11 PM, NickH114 said:

That's assuming he gets permission from the Poles to ride.  :shock:   after all they appear to govern  sport these days.....  :t:

If there is Speedway this year Buster has always made it clear that KL comes first

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

That's assuming he gets permission from the Poles to ride.  :shock:   after all they appear to govern  sport these days.....  :t:

Given the ever changing position re 'air bridges' , I am amazed any business would recruit 'key employees' who may not be able to get to their place of work....

At any given moment, as we have seen, any country can prevent visitors coming in from any other countries, so to utilise riders who could very easily be 'stranded' overseas at literally a few hours notice seems ridiculous..

The riders who ride in Poland in particular will be instructed clearly not to leave the country should quarantining be enforced upon their return, and also if their own country (or next meeting destination country) is running at a high risk so likely to have the air bridge removed, they will be told they must not travel I would suggest..

And given that this will be their main contract financially I have no doubts all will obey..

Edited by mikebv

On 1/11/2021 at 1:11 PM, NickH114 said:

You can cross Jason Doyle off your list as I hear he wont be riding in GB this season.

1 minute ago, screm said:

You can cross Jason Doyle off your list as I hear he wont be riding in GB this season.

Yep, he's announced he's going to sign his Swedish contract which is still on the table!!!

He’d be daft not to. 

36 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yep, he's announced he's going to sign his Swedish contract which is still on the table!!!

Glad he hasn’t missed out on that, fair play to him 

On 1/12/2021 at 6:59 PM, Daniel Smith said:

Most likely outcome will be Lynn re-signing Batchelor :lol:

After the "Holdergate" incident at Kings Lynn, when both Chris Holder and Troy Batchelor were sacked, I'd be very surprised if Batchelor was ever allowed back in Kings Lynn's colours again. I suspect Buster, like most fans won't forgive that easily?