British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

1 hour ago, sommelier said:

Interesting that Lynn are in talks with a English rider that retired 4 years ago!

Lewis Rose?

10 minutes ago, Speedball said:

Lewis Rose?

You got the first name right!

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2021 at 3:43 PM, Steve0 said:

Or to put it another way... I doubt Batch would want to ride for Buster at Kings Lynn :rolleyes:

Knowing what Batchelor's like I suspect it was right the first time.

26 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Bridger

Gosh, that's left field. He's not had a full season for a long time. Wouldn't imagine he has got any kit, so are Lynn going to fund that?

1 hour ago, sommelier said:

Bridger

I cant see that, hes a body builder and has bulked up a lot since he rode, chunky is not the word...

If this has legs I’ve got mixed feelings, obviously he hasn’t ridden for a long time and throughout his career he flattered to deceive.....on the flip side he would presumably be on a low average and will be four years more mature than when he last ride. In addition he is one of the most naturally talented motorcyclists I’ve seen ride a speedway bike, remember seeing him for the first time at Lynn in the British U21 final when he was sixteen and being hugely impressed with his style and track craft. I guess he will also be much cheaper than Hartel and fully committed to this country rather than riding elsewhere too.

We will see. 

21 hours ago, screm said:

Poole are staying in the Championship so it makes all kinds of sense that Batchelor goes to Belle Vue, especially has Belle Vue have spaces to fill.

Don't think Batch wants to do the European leagues at the moment as he has a very young UK-based family.  Maybe Sheffield and doubling down in the Championship - although goodness knows what his converted Championship average would be?;)

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Don't think Batch wants to do the European leagues at the moment as he has a very young UK-based family.  Maybe Sheffield and doubling down in the Championship - although goodness knows what his converted Championship average would be?;)

Also wonder if Bridger would also want to do the championship along with top flight if he decides to return :) 

13 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Also wonder if Bridger would also want to do the championship along with top flight if he decides to return :) 

13 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I think Bridger is well and truly retired by now. For one thing he retired with a nasty neck injury that will probably trouble him for the rest of his life and he knows another knock could be very serious, and secondly his heart was never really in the sport during his last 2/3 years when he was distracted by his turbulent personal life.

As we all know speedway is dangerous enough as it is but even more so if you can’t commit 100%. I like Lewis, but he is his own worst enemy, and I hope for his sake he stays retired. 

could be just the time for British riders to start making a comeback .. riders that were previously shunned for europeans?

• Like 2

wow you guy are just full of support aint you.