British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I take it Cook doesn't do CL anymore? If so, I'm glad Poole aren't in this league purely down to the reason they can't add any more holes into our track. 

Have you been on the sauce ? PL= Premiership  CL= Championship. Last time i looked Poole were in the CL. Have i missed something ??

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

I take it Cook doesn't do CL anymore? If so, I'm glad Poole aren't in this league purely down to the reason they can't add any more holes into our track. 

E10D8173-40F9-46FE-805D-218B0135A097.jpeg

• Haha 1

Lewis Bridger confirmed as the first new signing for the 2021 season.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Lewis Bridger confirmed as the first new signing for the 2021 season.

One of the worst kept secrets of the winter.

I don’t think ‘excited’ is the right word but I’m more intrigued about this signing than any other Lynn are likely to make as it could go one of two ways, the rest of the top six are riders who have been here and who we know all about. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I don’t think ‘excited’ is the right word but I’m more intrigued about this signing than any other Lynn are likely to make as it could go one of two ways, the rest of the top six are riders who have been here and who we know all about. 

It’s a bit like when Micheal Lee made a comeback..

12 minutes ago, Haza said:

It’s a bit like when Micheal Lee made a comeback..

Not really, Michael Lee was actually quite good on any speedway track

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I would like to think that Bridger has many less issues than Lee did. 

Nothing gained, nothing lost with this signing IMO. Low 4s, will probably have the beating of all `Young Brits' and a few other reserves which means will maintain his average at worse. 

Could you do better on a 4.00 average, possibly, but could they average 6.00 like Lewis has the potential to if it all clicks, probably not.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

The point I was making was Bridger as with Lee could go one of two ways. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Not really, Michael Lee was actually quite good on any speedway track

One of two ways I was referring to-same with Lee 

Lewis will be on good equipment this time, not like the Jawas that held him back last time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Lewis will be on good equipment this time, not like the Jawas that held him back last time

Lewis only did about half a season on Jawas , and did at one point have a good GM. I forget who he bought it from but according to his mechanic it was a “ beastie” . When he was at Lakeside he had a manager that I got to know quite well and who was a moderating influence on him, but the old Lewis eventually came to the surface. I like Lewis, and always have done.  Would like him to do well, but I kind of feel the way he rode at Lakeside was the upper limit of what he can realistically achieve,  and coming back is not easy  so he might not do so well. It depends what’s expected of him. In what is now a weak league he might do a decent job in a second string role but I wouldn’t expect too much. I hope I am wrong.

Good luck to Lewis Bridger & King's Lynn. A gamble from both side's but neither have anything to lose by it. Absolutely certain it'll be successful too as AFA is a gaters paradise & it's one thing Bridger was always good at. 

If it's Bridger at No6 & Cook at No1, Kerr in the middle, that'll show good strength in depth throughout the team

3 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Lewis only did about half a season on Jawas , and did at one point have a good GM. I forget who he bought it from but according to his mechanic it was a “ beastie” . When he was at Lakeside he had a manager that I got to know quite well and who was a moderating influence on him, but the old Lewis eventually came to the surface. I like Lewis, and always have done.  Would like him to do well, but I kind of feel the way he rode at Lakeside was the upper limit of what he can realistically achieve,  and coming back is not easy  so he might not do so well. It depends what’s expected of him. In what is now a weak league he might do a decent job in a second string role but I wouldn’t expect too much. I hope I am wrong.

The GM you are referring to was Jonas Kylmnarkopi engine. I understand he is back on Hagon bikes

• Like 1