British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

1 hour ago, Bunce said:

In 2019  we had Cook AND Lambert, now we just have Cook, so I wonder where our spearhead is going to come from in Heats 13 & 15?

With so many riders opting to not ride in the UK in 2021, the barrel is looking very empty at the moment.

I think we are going to be relying on " strength in depth" rather than two big hitters. All relatively speaking of course,as there are very few genuine big hitters in the league this year compared to previously, but in a very weak league ,who knows who will step up.Tj at home possibly.,Tofty if he returns can be a match winner home,or away

So other potential top twos;

Kurtz & Wright/Bewley

Crump & Klindt

Masters & Schlein

Batchelor & Holder

Harris & Pedersen

Would have been happy with Cook and Riss, hope we can replace Erik with somebody who can compete in heats 13 & 15.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, castrolargh said:

I think we are going to be relying on " strength in depth" rather than two big hitters. All relatively speaking of course,as there are very few genuine big hitters in the league this year compared to previously, but in a very weak league ,who knows who will step up.Tj at home possibly.,Tofty if he returns can be a match winner home,or away

problem is it`s always the same strength in depth! no ambition from the management team  imo 

5 minutes ago, pubichair said:

problem is it`s always the same strength in depth! no ambition from the management team  imo 

Money is the deciding factor

50 minutes ago, pubichair said:

45 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Money is the deciding factor

Absolutely, rightly or wrongly it’s the consequence of spreading resources across two clubs rather than one. 

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely, rightly or wrongly it’s the consequence of spreading resources across two clubs rather than one. 

I think that has always been Busters way. In fairness to him unless you work within a budget disaster looms

Plymouth are likely to have a better 1,5 than most Premier League teams 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Plymouth are likely to have a better 1,5 than most Premier League teams 

Who’d have thought 10 years ago we’d be saying the second league is as strong if not stronger than the top league but there is now little difference as all the same riders in both leagues - Covid has had an effect definitely as it’s brought things to a head quicker- in 2022 it has to be one big league thePremier League isn’t so Premier now let alone Elite as were we was 10 years ago . The demise of the sport is continuing at pace sadly 

26 minutes ago, Haza said:

Who’d have thought 10 years ago we’d be saying the second league is as strong if not stronger than the top league but there is now little difference as all the same riders in both leagues - Covid has had an effect definitely as it’s brought things to a head quicker- in 2022 it has to be one big league thePremier League isn’t so Premier now let alone Elite as were we was 10 years ago . The demise of the sport is continuing at pace sadly 

You are going to need well over 100 riders for one big league, can’t see that happening by next year personally. Also people talking about Plymouth having a stronger top two than PL teams might want to wait and see what Crump is like after many years retired, the CL might be his level now. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

You are going to need well over 100 riders for one big league, can’t see that happening by next year personally. Also people talking about Plymouth having a stronger top two than PL teams might want to wait and see what Crump is like after many years retired, the CL might be his level now. 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=710469659616987

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Quite, he may well be top of the averages in both leagues but nobody knows after nine years away from European racing.

If you look at his results in Aus he has been there and thereabouts without looking dominating so I'd say your caution as to expectations are justified

The Witches have form for signing a No1 who then drops a point or 2 off their average so it's the most likely outcome :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The Witches have form for signing a No1 who then drops a point or 2 off their average so it's the most likely outcome :)

I wonder who you mean....

Harris, Worrall,  Doolan, Hampel..... sure there's a few more 

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

5 man teams could be the answer to one big league and hopefully Covid free or under control others my return in 2022  - I agree with what you say about Crump and also Bjarne  Pedersen who knows what either will be like to me it’s one last pay day for them in a ultra weak leagues they should be ok .

Edited by Haza

Different posters keep on saying we should have one big league but I remember when Bomber said he would have to pack up if he only had one team to ride for as no way would he be able to make enough money. I would have thought that if Bomber couldn’t then most riders wouldn’t be able to.

Maybe Haza’s idea might have some legs if they ever did decide to go with one league.

• Like 1