British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Can't believe we have gone for Kingsley as the rising star.

Certainly some riders who wasn't chosen who could have been better choices.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, stevebrum said:

He can only ride in one other league, not two. :rolleyes:

Doesn't mean he cant sign for as many as he wants,,, just in case it goes bottoms up in poland

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Can't believe we have gone for Kingsley as the rising star.

I can believe it. No ambition from management yet again 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Doesn't mean he cant sign for as many as he wants,,, just in case it goes bottoms up in poland

Seriously Poland go bottoms up :rofl: shake your head :rofl:

2 minutes ago, GAH said:

Seriously Poland go bottoms up :rofl: shake your head :rofl:

He goes bottoms up, not Poland league. 

Kingsley is rated 3 stars, I think Peterborough have the lowest star rated rider in Jordan palin only rated 1 star 

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

He goes bottoms up, not Poland league. 

:nono:

Mixed feelings about Kingsley, to me he kind of fits what the scheme should be about as he is local, a club asset and reasonably young, however he is weak compared to others and is going to struggle away from Lynn if not at home too. However on the other hand he is probably past the point where he is ever going to be an established top flight or international rider IMO. 

Would rather have Ryan than Bates or Bacon who really shouldn’t be in the scheme at all but can’t help but being envious of Kemp, Brennan and Palin. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Mixed feelings about Kingsley, to me he kind of fits what the scheme should be about as he is local, a club asset and reasonably young, however he is weak compared to others and is going to struggle away from Lynn if not at home too. However on the other hand he is probably past the point where he is ever going to be an established top flight or international rider IMO. 

Would rather have Ryan than Bates or Bacon who really shouldn’t be in the scheme at all but can’t help but being envious of Kemp, Brennan and Palin. 

Completely agree.

44 minutes ago, therefused said:

I can believe it. No ambition from management yet again 

In the write up it says it all really,he's one of Allitt's boys.There is Greaves,Mountain and Shanes  amongst others who i would have picked ahead of Kinsley.Very disappointed with the option we have gone for.Needed to get cover at work for 8 out of 10 of the matches at least i won't get to disappointed if i don't get cover for some.That's how i feel at the moment,very flat.

Edited by tellboy

30 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Kingsley is rated 3 stars, I think Peterborough have the lowest star rated rider in Jordan palin only rated 1 star 

He is one that really is a rising star.He's only a one star because he hasn't competed in a professional league.He got nearly a 9 average in 2019 with the Belle Vue Colts at the age of 15.Imo he will easily achieve more than Kinsley in 2021 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tellboy said:

He is one that really is a rising star.He's only a one star because he hasn't competed in a professional league.He got nearly a 9 average in 2019 with the Belle Vue Colts at the age of 15.Imo he will easily achieve more than Kinsley in 2021 

I just don’t get it all though, why grade the rising stars of it doesn’t affect the team building average anyway ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

I just don’t get it all though, why grade the rising stars of it doesn’t affect the team building average anyway ? 

For the Championship. 

Guess I shouldn’t be surprised but just smacks of the easy option. Enormous gulf between the likes of Bates and Kinsley. Ryan could be a spoiler at home but fear for him away.

Just hope the promotion to the main team doesn’t have the same effect on Ryan as it did Josh Bailey. Travelling for hours to run 0, 0, 0 and be off the pace will do nothing for his confidence or development. He’ll just end up losing any enjoyment and walking away from the sport. The exact opposite of what the scheme is designed to do.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Speedball said:

Guess I shouldn’t be surprised but just smacks of the easy option. Enormous gulf between the likes of Bates and Kinsley. Ryan could be a spoiler at home but fear for him away.

Just hope the promotion to the main team doesn’t have the same effect on Ryan as it did Josh Bailey. Travelling for hours to run 0, 0, 0 and be off the pace will do nothing for his confidence or development. He’ll just end up losing any enjoyment and walking away from the sport. The exact opposite of what the scheme is designed to do.

Bailey crossed my mind as soon as I saw Ryan’s name funnily enough. Hope it turns out better for him than it did Josh. 

Someone like Leon Flint would have been better IMO. As you say it has a  whiff of the easy (cheap) option. 

Edited by Bagpuss