British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

On 2/16/2021 at 10:06 AM, Panthers99 said:

Certainly some riders who wasn't chosen who could have been better choices.

Simple case of being an asset simple.

On 2/16/2021 at 10:27 AM, Bagpuss said:

Mixed feelings about Kingsley, to me he kind of fits what the scheme should be about as he is local, a club asset and reasonably young, however he is weak compared to others and is going to struggle away from Lynn if not at home too. However on the other hand he is probably past the point where he is ever going to be an established top flight or international rider IMO. 

Would rather have Ryan than Bates or Bacon who really shouldn’t be in the scheme at all but can’t help but being envious of Kemp, Brennan and Palin. 

Jordan Jenkins very professional, top equipment, has ambition.

On 2/16/2021 at 7:03 PM, Bagpuss said:

I seem to remember Lynn’s association with Mountain ending when he chose Mildenhall over the Young Stars a few years back so that might explain your query. 

I think you might be getting confused, I think it was Lewis blackbird.

2 hours ago, Warriors said:

I think that Kings Lynn swapped Lewis Blackbird for Oliver Rayson. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warriors said:

I thought it was both? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Warriors said:

Jordan Jenkins very professional, top equipment, has ambition.

I like Jordan but he has been treading water the past couple of seasons. Needs to prove he was the right choice to keep at Redcar before even thinking of higher tiers.

7 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I like Jordan but he has been treading water the past couple of seasons. Needs to prove he was the right choice to keep at Redcar before even thinking of higher tiers.

Possibly his injury put the brakes on his progress???

Agree it's now time to kick on if he ever is to

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I thought it was both? 

It was. 

Connor was riding for King’s Lynn Lightning in the MDL. They wanted him to step up to the Young Stars and become a club asset. He decided to go to Mildenhall instead. Obviously that’s his prerogative but don’t think it went down all that well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Speedball said:

It was. 

Connor was riding for King’s Lynn Lightning in the MDL. They wanted him to step up to the Young Stars and become a club asset. He decided to go to Mildenhall instead. Obviously that’s his prerogative but don’t think it went down all that well.

It’s a case of once you cross them or dare not todo as the management want your history then ? 

29 minutes ago, Haza said:

It’s a case of once you cross them or dare not todo as the management want your history then ? 

That happens in just about every walk of life i'm afraid.

27 minutes ago, Haza said:

Or maybe they prefer to put their time and effort into riders who want to be at the club? 

That’s no criticism of Mountain who no doubt made a decision which was best for him at the time. 

• Like 1

Makes sense to use our asset in Kinsley. I’m not actually sure which promotion Connor is as asset of now which is just typical of speedway’s behind closed door deals. Retained asset lists should be freely available on the BSPA website.

Also, let’s be honest, using Mountain rather than Kinsley is hardly likely to turn us into title contenders, unless there is a massive rabbit to be pulled out of a very small hat. Until we find a second heat leader and Jorgensen and Proctor massively improve their away form, we’re going to get hammered away most weeks regardless of who is at reserve.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Speedball said:

Makes sense to use our asset in Kinsley. I’m not actually sure which promotion Connor is as asset of now which is just typical of speedway’s behind closed door deals. Retained asset lists should be freely available on the BSPA website.

Also, let’s be honest, using Mountain rather than Kinsley is hardly likely to turn us into title contenders, unless there is a massive rabbit to be pulled out of a very small hat. Until we find a second heat leader and Jorgensen and Proctor massively improve their away form, we’re going to get hammered away most weeks regardless of who is at reserve.

Absolutely, although it’s difficult to see who is available to ride over here to fill that slot with the points left. More likely that the seventh rider will fit into a budget rather than use all the points up anyway, similar to P’boro.

I agree with those who say that getting back on track is the most important thing for 2021 but at the same time the team needs to be competitive. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

Absolutely. I’ve gone from a die hard every week to now picking and choosing my meetings.

Speedway for me no longer represents good value for money. The racing is getting worse and the team strengths are the weakest in history. Yes COVID undoubtedly makes a difference but the decline has been coming for years. It’s just a race to the bottom now rather than trying to improve.

I’ll give it a go early on but if the racing is still 13 out of 15 FTG and the team isn’t competitive, my money’s staying in my pocket.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely, although it’s difficult to see who is available to ride over here to fill that slot with the points left. More likely that the seventh rider will fit into a budget rather than use all the points up anyway, similar to P’boro.

I agree with those who say that getting back on track is the most important thing for 2021 but at the same time the team needs to be competitive. 

That's why i would have gone for a different rising star.No dis-respect to Kinsley but i think we could have done better in that department.I think people will be disappointed with the one who ultimately has to replace RL.