British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Lawson to be final rider in my opinion

5 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm the opposite. ££ over ambition, i think :unsure:

Surely if the Stars management showed some ambition like Sheffield have more fans would be there, which would bring in more £s. Seems like we are back to the olden days where Kings Lynn end up with the riders that no other teams want.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrss said:

No. The main thing isn’t just getting back on track. I expect the Stars to aim at winning the league by getting the best team possible. I will be pissed off if they start the season way under the points limit.

Never gonna happen with Buster bankrolling two clubs. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Buster always maintains that Kings Lynn is his priority, but it seems Peterborough can attract better riders than Lynn.

3 minutes ago, mrss said:

Buster always maintains that Kings Lynn is his priority, but it seems Peterborough can attract better riders than Lynn.

Yes I agree but he owns the stadium at KL at Pboro he owns the licence nothing more which is worthless if you can’t do a deal with the Showground owners - so obviously KL is his priority. 

4 minutes ago, mrss said:

Maybe they prefer the track at Boro...

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

And of the two clubs, Peterborough seem historically to have an overall fan base that attends much less when they struggle more than KL does...

And he obviously owns the place at KL, so more opportunity to make more money from concessions, so even a drop on numbers can still be offset to some degree..

And you can also add in that of the "just twenty" combined home meetings, four will be 'local derbies' between KL and Peterborough, and four more will have Ipswich visiting his tracks, so I can see where he would want to prioritise to ensure a profitable season overall..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, mrss said:

13 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Maybe they prefer the track at Boro...

Pedersen apparently turned down Lynn for P’boro due to the tracks. 

Don’t see an awful lot between the two teams really, Cook is the best rider from the two sides by some distance whereas Boro are much more solid. Buster has quite clearly stuck with riders who each set of fans have an affinity with, Lynn’s hopes seem to be pinned on Bridger sticking a couple of points on his average. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

From a British point of view i hope it's Richard Lawson for the last spot. 

Don't moan about it, at least you will get to see some speedway unlike me.

• Like 3

Lawson is not a bad choice if you ask me but all you people do is seem to moan anyway i reckon we could have a amazing team and you would not be happy.

On 3/18/2021 at 3:54 PM, ColeTrickle said:

Trying to convince Riss to make a U turn and ride in Britain. His decision to sit Britain out was based on the season possibly not going ahead.

That's the delay, Richard Lawson is plan B

I thought the Polish restrictions stopped him from riding in the UK.He's riding Poland,Sweden and Denmark which is all he is allowed i think under the current Polish restriction on riders.He has to drop a league to ride here for Kings Lynn.

The delay is Allitt and his little secrecy games,or what he thinks are secrets.Most people knew the first 6 before they were announced.

Maybe with Covid still rife in Europe though it may make a couple of riders re-think their positions and think of the UK as an option.

17 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I thought the Polish restrictions stopped him from riding in the UK.He's riding Poland,Sweden and Denmark which is all he is allowed i think under the current Polish restriction on riders.He has to drop a league to ride here for Kings Lynn.

The delay is Allitt and his little secrecy games,or what he thinks are secrets.Most people knew the first 6 before they were announced.

Maybe with Covid still rife in Europe though it may make a couple of riders re-think their positions and think of the UK as an option.

But what if the covid situation in Germany causes Landshut withdraw from the Polish League (as the other German club Wolfslake are threatening to do)?

Might Riss then be available?

14 minutes ago, arnieg said:

But what if the covid situation in Germany causes Landshut withdraw from the Polish League (as the other German club Wolfslake are threatening to do)?

Might Riss then be available?

Lets hope so,but it would be unfair on Lawson.Although i'm sure another team would drop a rider to fit him in.

Robert Lambert,Erik Riss and MPT replaced by Ryan Kinsley,Bridger and possibly Lawson.

Makes you realise how much the league has had to be watered down.I still think that if such a watering down of the league was necessary, it should have been 1 league and 6 man teams to at least try to maintain interest/ sell the concept of a new start . 

• Thanks 1