British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Can’t understand why the delay is in announcing Lawson.

Edited by rearingtogo

1 hour ago, rearingtogo said:

Can’t understand why the delay is announcing Lawson.

It’s been suggested they are trying to persuade Riss to change his mind. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It’s been suggested they are trying to persuade Riss to change his mind. 

Let’s hope they succeed in doing so

• Like 1

2 hours ago, castrolargh said:

Robert Lambert,Erik Riss and MPT replaced by Ryan Kinsley,Bridger and possibly Lawson.

Makes you realise how much the league has had to be watered down.I still think that if such a watering down of the league was necessary, it should have been 1 league and 6 man teams to at least try to maintain interest/ sell the concept of a new start . 

Not enough riders...

You only have enough now due to the majority riding for two teams..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rearingtogo said:

Let’s hope they succeed in doing so

Nothing against Lawson but that would be the best scenario. 

The only way we will get Riss back is if his German team pull out of the polish league but I doubt that will happen 

30 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

The only way we will get Riss back is if his German team pull out of the polish league but I doubt that will happen 

Let's hope they pull out of the Polish league then hey lynnboy.It's Wittstock isn't it?Well their manager has said they won't be starting the league when the Poles want because of the pandemic.He wants to start in July and race week after week without any play offs.And if the pandemic hasn't calmed down by then he wants the season cancelled.This was took from Racers and Royals post on the Polish league.

So is there hope of getting Riss?Is that a possibility why they haven't named Lawson yet?And if Riss does come back can we have Lawson as the rising star:rolleyes::lol:.

If Lynn wanted to be ruthless and Riss did come back you could replace any of the top 5 with Lawson.The team would look a lot better to say have Lawson in for Proctor.

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

Let's hope they pull out of the Polish league then hey lynnboy.It's Wittstock isn't it?Well their manager has said they won't be starting the league when the Poles want because of the pandemic.He wants to start in July and race week after week without any play offs.And if the pandemic hasn't calmed down by then he wants the season cancelled.This was took from Racers and Royals post on the Polish league.

So is there hope of getting Riss?Is that a possibility why they haven't named Lawson yet?And if Riss does come back can we have Lawson as the rising star:rolleyes::lol:.

If Lynn wanted to be ruthless and Riss did come back you could replace any of the top 5 with Lawson.The team would look a lot better to say have Lawson in for Proctor.

The only stumbling block I can see  is international travel from the UK is banned at the moment and with the virus on the rise again in Europe that’s  Is looking as if that could stay in place longer . 
Things of course could change . Lawson is the obvious choice and he will be available each meeting as Riss could have major travel problems and not be available each meeting  and in all honesty I’d thought a Brit should be employed first . 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Haza said:

The only stumbling block I can see  is international travel from the UK is banned at the moment and with the virus on the rise again in Europe that’s  Is looking as if that could stay in place longer . 
Things of course could change . Lawson is the obvious choice and he will be available each meeting as Riss could have major travel problems and not be available each meeting  and in all honesty I’d thought a Brit should be employed first . 

Are sportsmen not exempt from that ? 

1 hour ago, Haza said:

A Brit would be employed first if they got rid of Proctor:t:

Unsure on the travel restrictions but thought sportsmen could travel with tests etc.If they can't then that would be a blow to all clubs as many have riders riding elsewhere in Europe too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Are sportsmen not exempt from that ? 

Yes allowed to travel if its their employment as long as all covid rules are followed :t:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, GAH said:

Yes allowed to travel if its their employment as long as all covid rules are followed :t:

Plus if Poland lets them leave the country of course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

That’s the crux of it. 

3 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

They will have to ban Sweden & Denmark also not just England all riders would be not be happy with that :nono:

35 minutes ago, GAH said:

They will have to ban Sweden & Denmark also not just England all riders would be not be happy with that :nono:

The Poles won’t worry if riders are happy or not. The Poles dictate and if riders are not happy they are shown the exit door. 

• Like 4