British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

10 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Thought I read he was taking a job at Peterborough ?  Unless Saddlebow has moved to Alwalton ?

He's doing the job at both clubs...

2 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

He's doing the job at both clubs...

Surely that will lead to a conflict of interest.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrss said:

if he's working for Buster then it will just allow him to cover a larger area for both clubs

Edited by stevehone
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, mrss said:

I basically said the same on the club’s Facebook page guess what ? They deleted my post . Says it all to me

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, stevehone said:

if he's working for Buster then it will just allow him to cover a larger area for both clubs

Try explaining that to a none speedway fan is like having a commercial manager working for Utd and City in Manchester. Only in speedway this could happen -one other question has Robin Brundle left the club or has that been quietly brushed under the carpet ? Who’d forget the war cry chant he bought to the club ha ha 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

Can’t see that it really matters if he’s working for both to be honest, maybe it’s just me. Quite likely there is little geographical overlap anyway. 

More concerned about actually getting on track with spectators, should be a given with such low numbers of cases and deaths being declared now but with the way it’s all been handled who knows :blink:

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Can’t see that it really matters if he’s working for both to be honest, maybe it’s just me. Quite likely there is little geographical overlap anyway. 

More concerned about actually getting on track with spectators, should be a given with such low numbers of cases and deaths being declared now but with the way it’s all been handled who knows :blink:

Personally I’d sooner have the cautious approach that  we taking rather than open everything up and go back to square one again and another lockdown just my view . Yes the sport needs to get out on track and fans in stadiums 100% but I’d thought as a sport we’d need to try and retain a little bit of credibility and Richard Knight working for two rival clubs in the same role doesn’t sit well with me as someone else said conflict of interest. 
But as you say riders on track fans in stadiums is main thing - hopefully other things can be ironed out before March 2022 . 

If riders can ride for 2 teams and guest for every team can't see the difference back room staff working for 2 teams. Just highlights the farce of the sports rules

• Like 3

Was the guy Kilby doing the commercial job at two Clubs in 2019?

Surely with two clubs you are after different sponsors etc as they are different catchment area’s.

So Robin Brundle.  What’s the story there. Gone or involved ?

19 minutes ago, bruno said:

If riders can ride for 2 teams and guest for every team can't see the difference back room staff working for 2 teams. Just highlights the farce of the sports rules

Yes Very true and a valid point .  
Guess I’d hoped after a year of practically  no speedway in the UK  we’d have the great British speedway re set button pressed and get  a bit more credibility back in the sport . 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Yes Very true and a valid point .  
Guess I’d hoped after a year of practically  no speedway in the UK  we’d have the great British speedway re set button pressed and get  a bit more credibility back in the sport . 

Two days too late with that one...

No one will fall for it....:D

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, stevehone said:

And also mean cost savings I would think by having one man doing two jobs..

I am sure there will be some crossover of contacts that will benefit both clubs at certain parts of the season.. 

• Like 1

lots of benefits here .. Richard has been around speedway bikes long enough to help if needed elsewhere too i expect

• Like 1

What he learns at one track , he can use at the other. Lots of synergy, I would say.

Good luck Richard.