British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

The main thing for me is he manages to help both clubs, we know speedway is in a precarious position in the UK, clubs need all the help they can get. 

Rob Lyon and Peter Schroek will make sure the teams are fired up to win against each other and every other team, the stuff that goes on behind the scenes is just that "behind the scenes". Don't get me wrong I totally and utterly appreciate Knighty for his work to help the clubs but on race day it's our riders, our team manager and us!!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Trees said:

The main thing for me is he manages to help both clubs, we know speedway is in a precarious position in the UK, clubs need all the help they can get. 

Rob Lyon and Peter Schroek will make sure the teams are fired up to win against each other and every other team, the stuff that goes on behind the scenes is just that "behind the scenes". Don't get me wrong I totally and utterly appreciate Knighty for his work to help the clubs but on race day it's our riders, our team manager and us!!!!

I remember when King's Lynn had the man to sort out all their commercial requirements & transform U.K. speedway Jonathan Chapman where would Speedway G.B. be now if he'd been given a free reign?

P.S. Good luck Richard "spike" Knight.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I remember when King's Lynn had the man to sort out all their commercial requirements & transform U.K. speedway Jonathan Chapman where would Speedway G.B. be now if he'd been given a free reign?

Definitely in a much better place 100% better  than on the edge of a clifftop that’s  were we are now . 

22 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Correct, but the old men, no foresight brigade got in the way. 

5 minutes ago, Trees said:

Looked ok from the outside yes ......

Correct Trees, people on the inside hated his aggressive nature to implement change quickly. 

Look at the state the sport here is in now?? 

British Speedway won't find anyone like him again

JC had some decent ideas, not all necessarily, but in the process i think it upset people because he wanted to change things. the theme nights at Kings Lynn seemed to work, and the super seven events under one banner was a good idea

• Like 1

18 hours ago, stevehone said:

JC had some decent ideas, not all necessarily, but in the process i think it upset people because he wanted to change things. the theme nights at Kings Lynn seemed to work, and the super seven events under one banner was a good idea

The muppets running British speedway don't want any changes that they don't propose themselves. 

• Like 3

Anybody know admission price yet.

On 3/26/2021 at 9:08 PM, Bagpuss said:

Was going to say the same, nobody claimed they had 

34 minutes ago, Warriors said:

Anybody know admission price yet.

For some reason I don't know of, a lot of clubs have not announced their admission prices. Odd, considering under normal circumstances the season would be underway. 

52 minutes ago, RS50 said:

For some reason I don't know of, a lot of clubs have not announced their admission prices. Odd, considering under normal circumstances the season would be underway. 

Financial suicide if the admission prices  do go  up from 2019 rates if anything with a much lower standard of teams strength they should go down if anything  - but in 50 years of following the sport I can’t recall that ever happening . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RS50 said:

Perhaps a lot of promotors are like me and still not convinced the season will go ahead .

21 minutes ago, mrss said:

Perhaps a lot of promotors are like me and still not convinced the season will go ahead .

That’s anther angle to it as well - what is the stadium’s capacity? KL Pboro and Ipswich might be ok as fan can spread out but Wolverhampton for instance only use the home straight Sheffield doesn’t use the back straight . England play New Zealand in a cricket test series  Edgebaston is one of the venues they are talking 25% attendees the match is a sell out ticket holder going into a ballot they talking a food and drinks app with food brought to your seat , theses games are in June - not May 17 I’m not suggesting that will happen at speedway but it not going to be speedway meetings as we no it  that’s for sure  . Then is it viable to run that’s the leading question?

21 hours ago, Haza said:

Financial suicide if the admission prices  do go  up from 2019 rates if anything with a much lower standard of teams strength they should go down if anything  - but in 50 years of following the sport I can’t recall that ever happening . 

Has it happened anywhere in any other sport.................................just asking.

• Like 2