Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Dale Allit is useless, more interested in keeping the happy clappers on board (of which there are plenty) and offering jobs to his mates. 

• Thanks 1

Looks like the thought process that went into team buiding at both clubs is very similar ,  Peterborough's team is built the same as Lynn's with  mostly riders who have had previous links to the club , only main difference now is Pedersen and Lawson  , but it seems that the Panthers linked riders are just that bit better than those associated with the stars

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Looks like the thought process that went into team buiding at both clubs is very similar ,  Peterborough's team is built the same as Lynn's with  mostly riders who have had previous links to the club , only main difference now is Pedersen and Lawson  , but it seems that the Panthers linked riders are just that bit better than those associated with the stars

There's a massive difference imo. 

Peterborough have 4 rider's that have experienced the top of the game, King's Lynn have none. 

Regardless of age at Peterborough, there is an absolute chasm of difference in quality at both clubs. 

King's Lynn's team buiding has been an absolute embarrassment. 

• Like 1

The annoying thing is that they’d got Lawson, Wells and Mountain I’m in the first place instead of Proctor, Bridger and Kinsley it would have been a half decent team. And the Wolves result wouldn’t have happened and Cook wouldn’t have been released. 

Opportunity missed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

The annoying thing is that they’d got Lawson, Wells and Mountain I’m in the first place instead of Proctor, Bridger and Kinsley it would have been a half decent team. And the Wolves result wouldn’t have happened and Cook wouldn’t have been released. 

Opportunity missed. 

In the current climate perhaps they couldn’t afford those riders 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Opportunity missed. 

Seems very much like they got one team very much right and one team very much wrong.

I would think  Buster signed off on both teams even if he wasn’t directly involved in doing the donkey work in putting either side together.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Not sure what went on but it’s been insinuated that he’ll never ride for the Aces again under the current promotion.

Correct :t:

2 hours ago, semion said:

Seems very much like they got one team very much right and one team very much wrong.

I would think  Buster signed off on both teams even if he wasn’t directly involved in doing the donkey work in putting either side together.

I would of thought that was the case as well. Maybe Buster must need more fans at the Showground than the AFA. He has rent to pay at his 2nd track, but owns Lynn.  Hence the starting line ups. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

I would think it costs far more to run Speedway at Alwarton than Saddlebow.  All income ( including stadium naming rights) at Saddlebow goes to Buster.   Income at Alwarton must be much more limited.  So would need much bigger gates at P’Boro.

Yet strangely Panthers are top of The League whist the Stars are rooted at the bottom.   Is one track subsiding the other ?

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I would of thought that was the case as well. Maybe Buster must need more fans at the Showground than the AFA. He has rent to pay at his 2nd track, but owns Lynn.  Hence the starting line ups. 

And fair play to him if that it what he is doing...

A sensible business plan for me..

No one will really bother who wins a league of six teams (or let's he honest, any amount of teams),  so makes strong sense to keep both clubs financially solvent.. 

There may end up being more fans at Peteborough than Lynn, but with less to pay out and getting money from concessions, car park etc, it could still be more profitable...?

And with Speedway down to the "die hards" (who have proven by still regularly attending that they will accept whatever is provided), then why not run both business's this way?

Makes clear sense if that is what he is doing..

Edited by mikebv

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

There's a massive difference imo. 

Peterborough have 4 rider's that have experienced the top of the game, King's Lynn have none. 

Regardless of age at Peterborough, there is an absolute chasm of difference in quality at both clubs. 

King's Lynn's team buiding has been an absolute embarrassment. 

I keep say it's no more than a championship team, and they would struggle in that, worth £20 I think not.

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

And fair play to him if that it what he is doing...

A sensible business plan for me..

No one will really bother who wins a league of six teams (or let's he honest, any amount of teams),  so makes strong sense to keep both clubs financially solvent.. 

There may end up being more fans at Peteborough than Lynn, but with less to pay out and getting money from concessions, car park etc, it could still be more profitable...?

And with Speedway down to the "die hards" (who have proven by still regularly attending that they will accept whatever is provided), then why not run both business's this way?

Makes clear sense if that is what he is doing..

You can be solvent & competitive. 

The gap between the two clubs in terms of rider's is massive, you can't tell me Peterborough's overheads are less than King's Lynn's. 

The way the teams were put together is chalk & cheese. It certainly gives the impression of caring far more for the Panthers than the Stars. 

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

You can be solvent & competitive. 

The gap between the two clubs in terms of rider's is massive, you can't tell me Peterborough's overheads are less than King's Lynn's. 

The way the teams were put together is chalk & cheese. It certainly gives the impression of caring far more for the Panthers than the Stars. 

Buster owns KL though doesn't he?

Meaning he may get less watching there than he gets at Peterborough but still make more money than he would at Peterborough where he pays rent and wont get any anciliary income...

We have seen a few times how successful seasons can actually help close tracks down due to the increase in outlay not being covered by an increase in crowds, so maybe having two succesful clubs could be a step too far?

2 hours ago, semion said:

I would think it costs far more to run Speedway at Alwarton than Saddlebow.  All income ( including stadium naming rights) at Saddlebow goes to Buster.   Income at Alwarton must be much more limited.  So would need much bigger gates at P’Boro.

Yet strangely Panthers are top of The League whist the Stars are rooted at the bottom.   Is one track subsiding the other ?

2nd in league :party:

5 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Buster owns KL though doesn't he?

Meaning he may get less watching there than he gets at Peterborough but still make more money than he would at Peterborough where he pays rent and wont get any anciliary income...

We have seen a few times how successful seasons can actually help close tracks down due to the increase in outlay not being covered by an increase in crowds, so maybe having two succesful clubs could be a step too far?

Yes Buster owns the AFA. And no doubt Lynn needs less fans to break even. But He has had his beloved Lynn for over 20 years. Buys Peterborough, and neglects (imho) Lynn. Where the loyal fans have supported his team for decades. It don't sit well with me i'm afraid..I'm probably not the only one.. I'm not blaming Peterborough or their fans. Buster made the move by himself. But If he keeps things as they are with the two teams, some Stars fans will not bother, myself included. Lynn's team selection was shocking, and i suspect a good bit cheaper too.

• Like 1