British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Frightening :rofl:

Have Kings Lynn ever announced that Lewis Bridger has officially retired or is he just taking a break from speedway? Kasper Anderson has signed for Berwick , could he be lined up to take Proctors place in the Stars team?

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

Can see Simon lambert or josh auty coming in. To be fair lambert is going well this season 

If those above and Kasper Andersen are the calibre of rider we’re looking to bring in when we have nearly 7 points to play with, then that’s my season done.

Would be a total p**s take. I’d much rather they try and bring in a raw youngster with a view to 2022 than any of those 3. Watched Philip Hellstrom-Bangs look very impressive in the Nordic U19 qualifier at the weekend. Get someone in who at least has a promising career ahead of them.

• Like 1

Who is available on a decent average that fits ? I don’t know if cam heeps  is fit again, BWD hurt himself. I just feel lynn will Sign someone they know already and not take the risk of a young European. Plus they race on Thursday and can’t afford to lose again so they need paperwork sorting asap

11 minutes ago, Speedball said:

If those above and Kasper Andersen are the calibre of rider we’re looking to bring in when we have nearly 7 points to play with, then that’s my season done.

Would be a total p**s take. I’d much rather they try and bring in a raw youngster with a view to 2022 than any of those 3. Watched Philip Hellstrom-Bangs look very impressive in the Nordic U19 qualifier at the weekend. Get someone in who at least has a promising career ahead of them.

Agree get an untried youngster in,not go with the same old same old.How about Kvech,Berntzon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Who is available on a decent average that fits ? I don’t know if cam heeps  is fit again, BWD hurt himself. I just feel lynn will Sign someone they know already and not take the risk of a young European. Plus they race on Thursday and can’t afford to lose again so they need paperwork sorting asap

Surely they can use a guest if Proctor’s deemed to be withholding his services? No need to just sign the first available (cheap) replacement.

4 hours ago, mrss said:

Have Kings Lynn ever announced that Lewis Bridger has officially retired or is he just taking a break from speedway? Kasper Anderson has signed for Berwick , could he be lined up to take Proctors place in the Stars team?

Kasper, not for me:nono:

11 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

Ty proctor has quit so I’m told 

Nothing in today’s EDP about Ty quitting nor on Stars website.

1 hour ago, mrss said:

Nothing in today’s EDP about Ty quitting nor on Stars website.

I just got told last night. I guess we will have to wait and see if it’s true or not but it’s from a reliable source 

Hellstrom-Bangs would be great but I can't see the club forking out to fly somebody in and out or risking fuxture clashes, it will be somebody British based like Summers or Heeps I'd imagine. 

2 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

I just got told last night. I guess we will have to wait and see if it’s true or not but it’s from a reliable source 

Your going to be very unpopular on this thread if it doesnt happen .

39 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Your going to be very unpopular on this thread if it doesnt happen .

Been confirmed thank god.  ! Didn’t want the raff of the forum after me ha

• Haha 1

Well at least Proctor had the guts to step down as he realised he was only letting himself and his clubs down.It's a shame the management didn't realise this a few weeks ago when 90% of the fans realised he wasn't up to it right now.So now Proctor has put the club in a position where they have to do something about it,so well done to him for that.Although they start with Nicol guesting on Thursday they need a replacement on a permanent basis asap.

13 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Well at least Proctor had the guts to step down as he realised he was only letting himself and his clubs down.It's a shame the management didn't realise this a few weeks ago when 90% of the fans realised he wasn't up to it right now.So now Proctor has put the club in a position where they have to do something about it,so well done to him for that.Although they start with Nicol guesting on Thursday they need a replacement on a permanent basis asap.

Agree Tellboy. Nicol notched 13 for Wolves on his last visit. We might have a chance of a win in this one, if Eric goes well, and Lewi didn't have any ill affects after the qualifier:t:.

We have 6.82 ,but need someone pretty quick to replace Ty. I just hope they don't think cheap and draft in a 4 odd pointer, and waste points yet again.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1