Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

not many managers could motivate some of the riders on show last night 

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

Get Garry May as Team Manager, he woud soon sort them out!!

• Like 1

How about C K WATT ?

or Delboy?   After all he is qualified he did manage those Bunch Of Wallies 

Edited by semion

2 hours ago, sommelier said:

Get Garry May as Team Manager, he woud soon sort them out!!

Isn't he at Plymouth now?

sad to see all that's going on at KL, Peter is a top bloke, does wonders for training and bringing on youngsters, maybe the respect wasn't there from some riders because of that, nice guys normally get dumped on though .. always used to watch Rob Lyon at work, good team manager and knew how to deal with the riders without wanting to be the star of the show so to speak, and always after riders that would be right for the club, even when looking at guests

Edited by stevehone
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, ray c said:

You can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. Several happy to pootle.

• Like 1

Shroek seems too nice to me. The team needs a foot up its arse and he's not the man for that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Shroek seems too nice to me. The team needs a foot up its arse and he's not the man for that.

Knight is even more so. Wouldn't say boo to a goose. Will be Dale for now i think.

This side even with Robert Lambert in it would struggle does it really matter who the manager is? Chapman is the man who should take the flak he built the side for me Peter is just a scapegoat.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 3:57 PM, Gasser90 said:

Dale allitt will step in a be manager for remainder of season. Or potentially Carl Johnson ?

Can anybody enlighten me on who Dale Allitt is? Where did he come from? Ex-Rider, mechanic, sponsor, businessman, fan?

The sacking of Craig Cook is what everything comes down to. Should've got rid of Proctor & Bridger for Lawson and one other.

Cook, Lawson, TJ, Riss & Kerr as a Top 5 would've got you a Play-Off place imo.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

The sacking of Craig Cook is what everything comes down to. Should've got rid of Proctor & Bridger for Lawson and one other.

Cook, Lawson, TJ, Riss & Kerr as a Top 5 would've got you a Play-Off place imo.

Agree. We could of had Lawson for Ty, and still been under the limit. As for Bridger, Almost everyone knew he wouldn't do a season. Must of cost Buster a few quid.. Bet he won't make that mistake again.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, iainb said:

Can anybody enlighten me on who Dale Allitt is? Where did he come from? Ex-Rider, mechanic, sponsor, businessman, fan?

Dale Boy talk to me - Dale is a protege of Jimmy Lynch, possibly the finest manager of speed of all time, now in semi-retirement but working as a consultant for me at T Tibbs Motors Europe Limited, where is he advising me on everything Brexit and beyond.  Jimmy's connections in Poland, Latvia and most recently the Ukraine, where he has introduced me to the stunning Sylvie who is now working alongside my lead Consultant Main Man Rogers on the production of bed time stories for the 7-10  year age group.  Did you know that Main Man Rogers used to read Johnny C a bedtime story every day whilst his Dad Busty was busy on his tractor?

Ah, back on topic, well Jimmy Lynch met with Dale at the Gymnasium where he and his tag team partner Big Blayne Scroggins were training to be wrestlers,  they went on to have a some exposure on World of Sport under the guise of the Masked Marauders, taking a terrible beating from the Mums and Dads favourite Big Daddy and his tag team partner The Farmers Boy!  Jimmy Lynch was their valet, accompanying them to the ring wearing a gold chain he borrowed from Boogaloo Bobby Schwartz and string vest that Totally Honest John lent him, honestly! Jimmy looked the part, but sadly a belly butt from Big Daddy saw him disappear over the top and he returned looking very shaken if not stirred by the experience!

Thank you goodnight, much love! 

• Haha 1