British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

14 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

IIRC Tungate wanted to ride here presumably for P'boro but got frustrated at how long it took the BSPA or whoever to decide on how/when/what shape the season was going g to take back in the winter/spring. Seem to remember him having a whinge about it. 

Everytime he opens his mouth is a whinge......

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Everytime he opens his mouth is a whinge......

Probably not then ;)

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Probably not then ;)

I'd give him about 2 hours with Buster - makes Batch look like a diplomat :D

• Haha 2

I see there has been a couple of changes in the fixture list.It's not just Lynn that do this but why oh why can't all clubs notify their respective fans on the clubs websites of new dates for meetings as soon as they know of them.It's already costing me £100 for Thursday meetings and the sooner i know of the changes the better.

This happened to me under the J.Chapman era,whilst some worshippers thought he was God he was far from it.When i complained to him about a fixture change at Newport which didn't go ahead,i had already spent a small fortune on a weekend away.This was just about a week before and it was still on the fixture list as going ahead.He filled me with a load of bullrubbish about it being called late.Not until i spoke with someone did i find out it had been postponed about 2 weeks previous to what young Chapman said.

• Like 1

Is this position Freehold or Leasehold ?   I guess if  he does no better than Peter then it’s leasehold.;)

I wish Alex Brady well in his role I really hope he can help to turn the team around . 

New team Manager is an Estate Agent ... given speedway current problems in selling off tracks for housing its quite ironic 

• Like 1

Cam was 'resting' his shoulder on the golf course again on both Saturday and Sunday...:D

2 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Cam was 'resting' his shoulder on the golf course again on both Saturday and Sunday...:D

Perhaps it's time for him to change his sporting career.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Making a team sponsor a team manager? Are you being serious?

I know this is the least of British Speedway' problems, but Jesus H Christ, it doesn't half make the sport look amateur. Where in any other sport would you see a bloody sponsor become the manager of a so called 'top level' team?

14 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

I know this is the least of British Speedway' problems, but Jesus H Christ, it doesn't half make the sport look amateur. Where in any other sport would you see a bloody sponsor become the manager of a so called 'top level' team?

Jesus H Christ....is he coming in for Heeps or Wells?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

I take your point about amateurism but that ship has long since sailed for British speedway...... at the end of the day Alex is far from the first non ex rider team manager and there have been plenty of those who have been successful over the years so the fact he sponsors the team is neither here nor there if he does a good job. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, orion said:

New team Manager is an Estate Agent ... given speedway current problems in selling off tracks for housing its quite ironic 

I believe Rob Lyon was a car salesman when he was appointed team manger, I don’t think he’s done too bad a job.

i understand Brady has been a fan for 25 years, given that fans on here think they know better than many team managers, I suggest he has the perfect qualifications :P

• Like 4
  • Haha 1