British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

I believe Rob Lyon was a car salesman when he was appointed team manger, I don’t think he’s done too bad a job.

i understand Brady has been a fan for 25 years, given that fans on here think they know better than many team managers, I suggest he has the perfect qualifications :P

Is Alex Brady a yes man if so he will get on fine if he isn’t a yes man as others at the club have found could be a short lived appointment..

in football management, many have been successful managers without being stellar performers. However, will he be able to advise on gearings, best lines, etc?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Haza said:

Is Alex Brady a yes man if so he will get on fine if he isn’t a yes man as others at the club have found could be a short lived appointment..

When will you give this rubbish up.It seems like you think everyone who has served under Buster is a yes man or they are out.You just give up with such crap.So you are saying Rob was a yes man?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Star Lady said:

I believe Rob Lyon was a car salesman when he was appointed team manger, I don’t think he’s done too bad a job.

i understand Brady has been a fan for 25 years, given that fans on here think they know better than many team managers, I suggest he has the perfect qualifications :P

Think he was more of a partner at Paragon:unsure:.Weren't they our sponsors at the time.Then I think he started some business to to with air conditioning or along those lines.

Brady seems to be a lot like Rob as he had supported the Stars from a young age and followed them all those years.I personally don't see anything wrong in his appointment.A new fresh approach is what is needed.

53 minutes ago, ch958 said:

in football management, many have been successful managers without being stellar performers. However, will he be able to advise on gearings, best lines, etc?

That would be no. But then again you could probably say that about Dale, and Rob Lyon (Don't think Rob rode) to be honest, what about Peter Adams. Tracks and engines change all the time. The best advice for set ups etc would come from one of your team mates on any particular night. Although not all riders engines are set up the same either. 

58 minutes ago, Haza said:

Was/Is Rob Lyon a yes man, i very much doubt it....I know Alex reads the forum. The honest answer to that is who knows. Only people close to him will know his nature. He loves his speedway, i hope he knows all the rules and regs (not easy mind :blink:). No doubt Dale will be on hand to help if need be. His has the balls to offer or accept the role, which ever scenario it was. So give him a go until the end of the season, see how he gets on. 

Best of luck Alex.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

Can't see why not, rider's do themselves get it very wrong, especially racing lines. 

Any of us experienced fans (that take notice) can tell a rider the best way round pretty much every track. 

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Can't see why not, rider's do themselves get it very wrong, especially racing lines. 

Any of us experienced fans (that take notice) can tell a rider the best way round pretty much every track. 

That says it all for me. It's not easy ;). You can ride the right lines, but if your set up is wrong for the track/conditions, your going to struggle. 

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

That would be no. But then again you could probably say that about Dale, and Rob Lyon (Don't think Rob rode) to be honest, what about Peter Adams. Tracks and engines change all the time. The best advice for set ups etc would come from one of your team mates on any particular night. Although not all riders engines are set up the same either. 

Was/Is Rob Lyon a yes man, i very much doubt it....I know Alex reads the forum. The honest answer to that is who knows. Only people close to him will know his nature. He loves his speedway, i hope he knows all the rules and regs (not easy mind :blink:). No doubt Dale will be on hand to help if need be. His has the balls to offer or accept the role, which ever scenario it was. So give him a go until the end of the season, see how he gets on. 

Best of luck Alex.

As I posted earlier I wish Alex well in this role 

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

When will you give this rubbish up.It seems like you think everyone who has served under Buster is a yes man or they are out.You just give up with such crap.So you are saying Rob was a yes man?

Time will tell I guess  but as I posted earlier today I wish Alex well in this role and I hope he helps to bring the same success as Rob did 

3 minutes ago, Haza said:

As I posted earlier I wish Alex well in this role 

You did indeed. Your glass seemed half full this morning, then it went to half empty in pretty quick time with the later post;). I'm sure we all wish him the best. Lets just wait and see what Alex has to offer :t:

• Like 2

This is an astonishingly desperate move by the intellectually challenge Chapman even by his bizarre standards. A inexperienced fan having the responsibility to run a speedway team.....has clueless Buster lost what bit of sense he had....?? Yes. Alex good luck pall, coz you will certainly need it. PS. Realistically you don’t stand a chance so don’t give up your day job!

Plucking someone from the terraces. What a silly idea, you could end up with someone like Tim Sugar!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Plucking someone from the terraces. What a silly idea, you could end up with someone like Tim Sugar!

Golly..... is that the same Tim Sugar that 'guest' Team Managed Wolves to an away win at Swindon??? :D:rolleyes: