British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Let’s hope Brady doesn’t accept the infamous Calculator Mainman Rogers had in his brief spell at the Club.   Then again being an Estate Agent he might know how to use it correctly.

Edited by semion
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Perhaps it's time for him to change his sporting career.....

Trust me, he wouldn't earn anything from playing golf...:)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Trust me, he wouldn't earn anything from playing golf...:)

Yes. But he he  wont need to pay for fuel, oil, tyres etc either. Just 50p to charge the buggy:P

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, semion said:

Let’s hope Brady doesn’t accept the infamous Calculator Mainman Rogers had in his brief spell at the Club.   Then again being an Estate Agent he might know how to use it correctly.

Lynn scores to be compact and bijou....

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

This is an astonishingly desperate move by the intellectually challenge Chapman even by his bizarre standards. A inexperienced fan having the responsibility to run a speedway team.....has clueless Buster lost what bit of sense he had....?? Yes. Alex good luck pall, coz you will certainly need it. PS. Realistically you don’t stand a chance so don’t give up your day job!

Why is it desperate and bizarre?Did you say the same when Rob Lyon was plucked from the terraces.And we all know what happened when they took him from the terraces.Well you do if your an experienced fan and know your speedway.He didn't give up his day job neither.

Guzumped talk to me! There I was in the log cabin concluding a deal with Busty for Jimmy Lynch & Main Man Rogers to be his team managers,when this dude in his XR3i shows up, shouting “sold it geezer! 1.5% commission, it didn’t even go on right move, where do I put my board?” Slick back hair, suit from Next and shiny shoes from Barrats! I couldn’t compare with such suave! 

Before I know it Busty offers him the job there and then! Main Man Rogers is heartbroken had his resignation to Mase typed up too! 

I’ve assured Main Man Rogers and Jimmy Lynch I’m slipping Busty a few hundred quid to sponsor the Stars next year! On the proviso that T Tibbs Motors Europe Limited’s operations director Jimmy Lynch is named Team Manager and our head of customer relations Main Man Rogers will be his assistant.  I’ll even throw in a lovely Renault Clio Convertible for Big Dale! You know it’s a deal you can’t refuse Busty!!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Lynn scores to be compact and bijou....

Let’s hope they aren’t detached by heat 10

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Haza said:

Time will tell I guess  but as I posted earlier today I wish Alex well in this role and I hope he helps to bring the same success as Rob did 

Well that was a politician's answer.You conveniently missed the sentence with the question mark;)

20 hours ago, Star Lady said:

I believe Rob Lyon was a car salesman when he was appointed team manger, I don’t think he’s done too bad a job.

i understand Brady has been a fan for 25 years, given that fans on here think they know better than many team managers, I suggest he has the perfect qualifications :P

Well said.. Every club has stands full of team managers. I wish him the best but if he does badly & gets sacked then I guess the Stars will be needing a new team sponsor too? 

A reward for sponsorship. Cannot be anything else other than Alex's ongoing love affair with what is left of the sport.

How come Roger Warnes never got the job?  He’s ploughed 100’sK into Lynn Speedway.  

Does he still have to pay to get in these days ?

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, semion said:

How come Roger Warnes never got the job?  He’s ploughed 100’sK into Lynn Speedway.  

Does he still have to pay to get in these days ?

Have to agree - was a main sponsor  ploughed a lot of money into the club -he lived and breathed KL speedway and was dropped and had to pay to get in as you say . Money talks I guess and if a bigger offer comes in to sponsor the club I guess most would go with it - But there wasn’t a more loyal sponsor than Roger and his wife but loyalty counted for nothing in the end . 

3 hours ago, Haza said:

Have to agree - was a main sponsor  ploughed a lot of money into the club -he lived and breathed KL speedway and was dropped and had to pay to get in as you say . Money talks I guess and if a bigger offer comes in to sponsor the club I guess most would go with it - But there wasn’t a more loyal sponsor than Roger and his wife but loyalty counted for nothing in the end . 

Roger keeps coming ......

12 minutes ago, Trees said:

Roger keeps coming ......

I guess that’s a dig at me and many many more that’s stopped going for various reasons over the last few seasons -
As for Roger I’m pleased he does go he loves his speedway - but should he really have to pay to go into a meeting? after all the sponsorship money he put into the club ? I no the line has to be drawn somewhere on letting people in free obviously but I personally think Roger has been put on the wrong side of the line . 

2 hours ago, Haza said:

I guess that’s a dig at me and many many more that’s stopped going for various reasons over the last few seasons -
As for Roger I’m pleased he does go he loves his speedway - but should he really have to pay to go into a meeting? after all the sponsorship money he put into the club ? I no the line has to be drawn somewhere on letting people in free obviously but I personally think Roger has been put on the wrong side of the line . 

Why would that be a dig at you and many others?:unsure:The way i read it is Trees just said Roger keeps coming so must be happy paying.Roger is a good man and maybe he prefers to pay anyway rather than going in for free.Has anyone asked the question or are people just assuming.Other former main sponsors pay too you know.