British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

13 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Yes you were.Looks like you've joined the grim reaper club. :rofl:

nope sorry pal never will be a grim reaper always positive !! all for planning for a season and going forward in sport & life  but there things in life you can't control simple has that !! :party::cheers:

30 minutes ago, GAH said:

can anyone say with confidence the season will start :nono:

I've had my first vaccine a few weeks ago and no ill effects. Second one due late March just had letter.

By mid April everyone Over 50 and all vulnerable people will have had one vaccine and most over 70's will have had 2 vaccines.

One vaccine gives more immunity than any Flu jab.

There will be a tipping point when there will be more vaccinated and with some level of immunity through having had it than not vaccinated or not immune. 

The mid April point should see over 85% of the age / groups who have died with vaccine cover

We won't ever get full immunity, this is like the flu in that respect, new strains and new vaccines to keep up.

If Sport, not just Speedway  doesn't start by mid / end Spring it never will.

Of course we'll get a season , it will be different. Some Clubs will make the best of it, some wont.

If anyone claims to be a speedway fan and wants to see it survive, it will be time to go and support or for ever stop moaning in my opinion.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, HGould said:

I've had my first vaccine a few weeks ago and no ill effects. Second one due late March just had letter.

By mid April everyone Over 50 and all vulnerable people will have had one vaccine and most over 70's will have had 2 vaccines.

There will be a tipping point when there will be more vaccinated and with some level of immunity through having had it than not vaccinated or not immune. 

The mid April point should see over 85% of the age / groups who have died with vaccine cover

We won't ever get full immunity, this is like the flu in that respect, new strains and new vaccines to keep up.

Of course we'll get a season , it will be different. Some Clubs will make the best of it, some wont.

If anyone claims to be a speedway fan and wants to see it survive, it will be time to go and support or for ever stop moaning in my opinion.

agreed :t:

Yes, I agree too. Let's have some positivity about the place. Cup half full and all that.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, HGould said:

Everyone? Majority yes, everyone no 

• Like 2

Cook confirmed for the Stars.That's the number 1 position sorted.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, tellboy said:

That’s a good start but although I’ll be happy just to see some speedway this year it would be nice to be challenging at the top end of the league and our only chance of doing that is if we go for Thorsell but I won’t be holding my breathe

Assuming Proctor, Jorgensen and Kerr return to join Bridger and Cook how many points does that leave for the other member of the top six? 

25 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Assuming Proctor, Jorgensen and Kerr return to join Bridger and Cook how many points does that leave for the other member of the top six? 

Somewhere about an MPT  amount!

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Depends on Bridger's average,i haven't seen anywhere yet confirming what his starting average will be.

• Thanks 1

Even if Bridget came in on a 4 our team could still be,

Cook

Thorsell

MPT

Kerr

Proctor

Bridger

A.N.Other

3 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Surely you won't get MPT from Panthers they'll be uproar 

The theory is that Lynn wanted Bjarne but he preferred to go to P’boro so Buster might do a ‘swap’ with the two.

As for uproar that lot moan and groan all the time anyway so would anyone even notice :D 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, tellboy said:

In 2019  we had Cook AND Lambert, now we just have Cook, so I wonder where our spearhead is going to come from in Heats 13 & 15?

With so many riders opting to not ride in the UK in 2021, the barrel is looking very empty at the moment.