British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Ryan will do a decent job at home but not much more than that. I would be gutted if i was Mountain right now as i rate him as a better local rider with higher scope for improvement. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, therefused said:

I can believe it. No ambition from management yet again 

Kinsley is the cheap option. Would still rather have him than basher Bates, as Bates will get injured in the first month of the season.

5 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Doesn't mean he cant sign for as many as he wants,,, just in case it goes bottoms up in poland

Not if he starts in Poland tho. 

7 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Ryan will do a decent job at home but not much more than that. I would be gutted if i was Mountain right now as i rate him as a better local rider with higher scope for improvement. 

I seem to remember Lynn’s association with Mountain ending when he chose Mildenhall over the Young Stars a few years back so that might explain your query. 

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I seem to remember Lynn’s association with Mountain ending when he chose Mildenhall over the Young Stars a few years back so that might explain your query. 

Didnt know that but very sad if true. A weekend National League place was highly desirable (even if it is Mildenhall) so cant really blame him. Either way i feel its a missed opposition for both. 

27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

A little fall out 5 years ago hardly seems sufficient reason to prevent Mountain riding for Lynn. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, arnieg said:

A little fall out 5 years ago hardly seems sufficient reason to prevent Mountain riding for Lynn. 

Nobody said anything about a fall out, but Lynn have decided to go with somebody who is a club asset and part of the set up for whatever reason. 

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

Nobody knows what happened here but at the end of the day there's always conséquence for actions. 

If I owned King's Lynn & a rider decides somewhere else is better for progressing his career, they'd 100% be my last choice for a team place every time. King's Lynn have chosen a rider that reaaaaally wants to be there. 

• Like 2

There is obviously a lot of “rising stars” on the list that are not going to get a team place so if your pick turns out to be a total disaster are clubs allowed to get rid and pick someone else after say 6/8 meetings.

These rising stars of the future that seems to be creating the only  excitement ( god knows  why as they are predominantly cheap fill ins)  what age are all these riders ?     I’m guessing Ryan is around 22 so been at it a good few years.  Micheal Lee was World Champion before that age.  What was Robert Lambert achieving at 22.  ?

Edited by semion

46 minutes ago, semion said:

These rising stars of the future that seems to be creating the only  excitement ( god knows  why as they are predominantly cheap fill ins)  what age are all these riders ?     I’m guessing Ryan is around 22 so been at it a good few years.  Micheal Lee was World Champion before that age.  What was Robert Lambert achieving at 22.  ?

The 2 riders you mention-Lee & Lambert are totally different gravy. Riders like that don't come along very often

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sommelier said:

The 2 riders you mention-Lee & Lambert are totally different gravy. Riders like that don't come along very often

For rider's it's all about how thing's fall in place. Jason Doyle's career really took off at 31. Had Hancock's mrs not been ill he'd still be going now at 50.

Speedway has proven age isn't a factor, the biggest factor for stalling or stopping a career in this game is consistent injuries. 

Think this season isn’t totally about assembling the strongest team possible it’s equally important to get the season started hopefully in May but in my opinion May is too early and  more likely 1st July but the most important thing is to get riders on the tracks and fans in the stadiums team’s strength isn’t the be all and end all in 2021 build towards March 2022 .  

• Like 3

Totally agree I’ll just be pleased to get back in the stadium and watch some speedway, win or lose this year won’t be my main concern

• Like 4