British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I stopped I think 2018, the year of the double headers & the season ticket holders were compensated with a cup of tea. The owners gave zero s#!+s about many complaints. After it being a religion, going for over 30 years I haven't missed going at all. 

King's Lynn will always be in my heart (hence being onhere still), but would never contemplate ever going back unless changes to attitude & racing happen. 

British Speedway as a whole is in serious need to give the fans what they want, quality racing constantly & supply entertainment. 

Unfortunately the only place delivering on the racing is Belle Vue but even there, people just ain't returning. 

British Speedway is at the point now of no return & the pandemic has emphasised it even more. 

Recently the promotion had a q&a, nobody was interested, only the usual fan names asked questions. The clubs social media is dead, the interaction numbers are horrendous. 

I do jave a feeling thing's may look bleak for the club. 

When read comments from the other club down the road that our owner rents, it just feels more effort has been put in their but they're still not getting right with the fans. 

The problem is, if you tell the truth, you get accused of being negative. Who said 'the customer is always right'. It doesn't apply to speedway.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, cityrebel said:

The problem is, if you tell the truth, you get accused of being negative. Who said 'the customer is always right'. It doesn't apply to speedway.

Its busters way or no way,   as with most promotion.  But not all

17 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I stopped I think 2018, the year of the double headers & the season ticket holders were compensated with a cup of tea. The owners gave zero s#!+s about many complaints. After it being a religion, going for over 30 years I haven't missed going at all. 

King's Lynn will always be in my heart (hence being onhere still), but would never contemplate ever going back unless changes to attitude & racing happen. 

British Speedway as a whole is in serious need to give the fans what they want, quality racing constantly & supply entertainment. 

Unfortunately the only place delivering on the racing is Belle Vue but even there, people just ain't returning. 

British Speedway is at the point now of no return & the pandemic has emphasised it even more. 

Recently the promotion had a q&a, nobody was interested, only the usual fan names asked questions. The clubs social media is dead, the interaction numbers are horrendous. 

I do jave a feeling thing's may look bleak for the club. 

When read comments from the other club down the road that our owner rents, it just feels more effort has been put in their but they're still not getting right with the fans. 

Just shows that one person  shouldn't be involved with the running of two separate clubs , we all know he shouldn't of been allowed to buy Peterborough especially  with his reasons for doing so and its clear that many fans of Kings Lynn and Peterborough are not happy with the situation ,but at least Lynn fans know that he wouldn't sell there club when it finally comes to it.

I dont attend meetings now but as you say a club remains in your heart after the memories of many seasons that live with you forever, the value for money aspect did for me about 20 years ago , the GPs started the watering down team process and i never did attend a british GP even when one year i won some tickets from a national paper then gave them away ,i dont miss attending meetings it just becomes the norm in the long run and ive never been tempted to return ,

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bunce said:

Sadly what I've found out over the last year and the Covid lockdown, is that I really don't miss it that much, which I feel sad about as I've supported Speedway since I was 13 years old, starting at the Firs in Norwich in 1963.  Will the sport, and Kings Lynn, rekindle my love of Speedway in 2021? I really don't know. I wonder how many fans in my age group feel the same, and are there enough younger fans to keep the sport alive after oldies like myself find the love has died.

At the Firs since I was 7 years old and Ove Fundin arrived. Echo nearly all of your sentiments, about faling our of love with the sport. My happiest memoroes of speedway this century were with the arrival of Robert Lambert in the NL.  Now that's what I call speedway! Buster cares nothing about wether you go or not and has nver made any effort to intereact positively with the older fans who want better racing and more variety ( myself  included ). As for paying to watch Lewis Bridger! Well I would want to see that he turned up for 4 or 6 matches AND made a visible on track effort to race, before I paid my money,

• Confused 1

I attended Cardiff in 2014 after a near 30 year absence from live speedway. Totally disappointed and have no desire to return to the terraces. I follow our sport on line and watch on BT Sport, but that is it.

On 2/20/2021 at 11:17 AM, scoobydoo said:

Just shows that one person  shouldn't be involved with the running of two separate clubs , we all know he shouldn't of been allowed to buy Peterborough especially  with his reasons for doing so and its clear that many fans of Kings Lynn and Peterborough are not happy with the situation ,but at least Lynn fans know that he wouldn't sell there club when it finally comes to it.

I dont attend meetings now but as you say a club remains in your heart after the memories of many seasons that live with you forever, the value for money aspect did for me about 20 years ago , the GPs started the watering down team process and i never did attend a british GP even when one year i won some tickets from a national paper then gave them away ,i dont miss attending meetings it just becomes the norm in the long run and ive never been tempted to return ,

I'm just glad he didn't get his claws into Ipswich! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Speedball said:

So season looks like it could start on 17th May with a home derby match against Ipswich.

I get my jab next week,so at least i can't catch it from the germs coming from the Foxhole:rolleyes::P

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

I get my jab next week,so at least i can't catch it from the germs coming from the Foxhole:rolleyes::P

Oh yes you can...:)

MPT back at Boro so Lawson to complete the side with Proctor and Jorgensen? Can’t see too many other options. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

MPT back at Boro so Lawson to complete the side with Proctor and Jorgensen? Can’t see too many other options. 

God help us if that’s the team 

22 minutes ago, therefused said:

God help us if that’s the team 

Lawson is dreadful at KL from what I remember might be a asset on away tracks 

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Kerr, Jorgensen and Proctor are surely nailed on. If it Lawson then that looks a really weak side. Would be totally reliant on home form as couldn’t see that team picking up a point away. Is Adam Ellis a non-starter due to foreign commitments? I know he was replaced by Schlein at Poole.

Guess the aim of a top 6 finish isn’t all that bad :unsure::D

• Haha 1

I could be wrong of course but I can’t think of anyone else who is available as a second heat leader and all the others must be coming back. Doesn’t look a particularly good team but one within a budget with loyal club men and a mix of local and British based riders.  

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I could be wrong of course but I can’t think of anyone else who is available as a second heat leader and all the others must be coming back. Doesn’t look a particularly good team but one within a budget with loyal club men and a mix of local and British based riders.  

It’s all very well having loyal club men , but I can’t see them winning any trophies.