British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

If King's Lynn was Buster's only club with this line-up I think we'd look at it & just say it's an after Covid budget team, get fans back & just enjoy some racing in 2021.

The issue for me though is his other club. You look at the rider's their (although Dad's Army), the financial side of thing's really confuse me. The overheads of renting etc & being able to include Pedersen & Harris compared to ours I struggle to understand wtf is going on. 

Is Buster having any say at King's Lynn or is Dale just picking rider's he knows? 

The difference in overall quality of rider between both clubs is night & day. 

My worst thought crossing my mind right now is, is there a winding down process of the King's Lynn Stars? 

well speedway at Peterborough and bangers at Kings Lynn has been mentioned when Buster took over at Boro

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

MPT back at Boro so Lawson to complete the side with Proctor and Jorgensen? Can’t see too many other options. 

You know it Bagpuss:neutral:

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

If King's Lynn was Buster's only club with this line-up I think we'd look at it & just say it's an after Covid budget team, get fans back & just enjoy some racing in 2021.

The issue for me though is his other club. You look at the rider's their (although Dad's Army), the financial side of thing's really confuse me. The overheads of renting etc & being able to include Pedersen & Harris compared to ours I struggle to understand wtf is going on. 

Is Buster having any say at King's Lynn or is Dale just picking rider's he knows? 

My worst thought crossing my mind right now is, is there a winding down process of the King's Lynn Stars? 

I think you are pretty close with that assumption.

Lynn wanted Pedersen but he preferred P’boro apparently. 

Im not convinced there is too much difference between the teams but what they have done is stuck with riders who are popular with the regulars at the two tracks.....Kerr, Jorgensen and Proctor and Lynn, Hans, Bomber, possibly Ostergaard and BWD at P’boro. You have to remember we are a minority in here, many folk who go week in week out feel loyalty to riders who have been there several years regardless of what they score. I do think we are seeing a ‘spreading’ of resources and if Buster had one track it would be one much stronger team rather than two average ones. 

Welcome back Lewis Kerr by the way. 

• Like 1

Agreed, there isn't much between the sides and certainly looks likely to fill the 5th and 6th spots 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Dale and buster couldn’t put a good team together if it hit them in the face both utterly useless!   
I mean at lynn lol

Edited by pubichair

And yet they still want to say it's premier League, just to maintain the high price, I really can't see much between either league.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

To be fair, 2018 was a pretty good team 

And 2014.

On 2/19/2021 at 6:19 PM, Trackerman48 said:

Just out of interest when do you think it all started to go wrong at kings Lynn and why? Genuine question. 

It is impossible to be precise,  but what happened back in 2017 with the Holder issue  sure gave everyone the direction the club was going.   That year we had the makings of a decent team that could have got somewhere near the top,   but Busters attitude destroyed it all.   At any other club the track man would prepare the track to suit the demands of the home team,  but at Lynn, Buster does the track and sod what anybody else thinks .   

That day Buster  sealed the fate of many fans.   Some never to return since      You only have  to count  the number of  titles we have won  in 50 odd years to see how well the club has done...

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, g13webb said:

It is impossible to be precise,  but what happened back in 2017 with the Holder issue  sure gave everyone the direction the club was going.   That year we had the makings of a decent team that could have got somewhere near the top,   but Busters attitude destroyed it all.   At any other club the track man would prepare the track to suit the demands of the home team,  but at Lynn, Buster does the track and sod what anybody else thinks .   

That day Buster  sealed the fate of many fans.   Some never to return since      You only have  to count  the number of  titles we have won  in 50 odd years to see how well the club has done...

I’d agree that things haven’t been the same since that night but I certainly wouldn’t put all the blame on Buster although he should take a large portion of it, Holder and Batchelor were an absolute disgrace and Lyon & Allit didn’t do anything to try a sort things out. Lots of people who could have put the paying public first did nothing at all and some of the damage done that night was permanent unfortunately. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

Do you no what I typed out a long reply to your post but I deleted it all - what’s the point ? Nothing will change under the current regime  . Like him or not the man the club misses the most  is Jonathon Chapman . 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Lynn wanted Pedersen but he preferred P’boro apparently. 

Im not convinced there is too much difference between the teams but what they have done is stuck with riders who are popular with the regulars at the two tracks.....Kerr, Jorgensen and Proctor and Lynn, Hans, Bomber, possibly Ostergaard and BWD at P’boro. You have to remember we are a minority in here, many folk who go week in week out feel loyalty to riders who have been there several years regardless of what they score. I do think we are seeing a ‘spreading’ of resources and if Buster had one track it would be one much stronger team rather than two average ones. 

Welcome back Lewis Kerr by the way. 

Peterborough's rider's are on the decline but I believe who we have don't have any more improvement in them.

Yes they're old but they do have "names" in their team. 

I'd 100% rather see a top 3 of Bjarne Pedersen, Chris Harris & Hans Andersen /Scott Nicholls & also they have the strength of Palm-Toft too. 

Apart from Cook I honestly can't see Peterborough fans wanting a swap for anyone else, can you??