British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

4 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I do hope it’s Simon lambert 

Forgot Simon Lambert another name on the possible list and an asset so no lone fee so probably favourite for the last team place  

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Expected, this team succeeds or fails on the final signing. 

Cheer up tellboy :D 

It must be the lockdown for a year pretty much that has got to me.Haven't been able to do anything we all like to do,that goes obviously for everyone.

All i want is for the Lynn team to be competitive and with the highly rumoured last signing it won't be imo.

39 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I do hope it’s Simon lambert 

It's not him. 

4 minutes ago, AlexBrady said:

Ty is a certainly a rider who can/will improve his average, and finding riders who can do this has been the name of the game for the vast majority of successful sides over previous years.

I think all 5 of the 'main' riders announced can do this, and so will the final rider too, and Ryan at number 7 will give his all.

Personally, I can't wait to get trackside and see those bikes going, but equally, don't write this side off!

Definitely a top 6 finish is on the cards and with a bit of luck who knows. 
Main priority has to be riders on bikes and fans in stadiums and build towards March 2022 

7 minutes ago, AlexBrady said:

Ty is a certainly a rider who can/will improve his average, and finding riders who can do this has been the name of the game for the vast majority of successful sides over previous years.

I think all 5 of the 'main' riders announced can do this, and so will the final rider too, and Ryan at number 7 will give his all.

Personally, I can't wait to get trackside and see those bikes going, but equally, don't write this side off!

Whilst i agree that all the riders can improve their averages,when your team starts so far under the points limit it takes some massive improvement just to get to that point.Build a team as close to the points limit with riders with improvement in them imo.

The final rider should improve his lowly average,starting off as 3rd HL.

Agree Ryan will give his all,but again imo their were better rising stars to be had.That's no disrespect to Ryan but i feel he has found his level.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tellboy said:

It must be the lockdown for a year pretty much that has got to me.Haven't been able to do anything we all like to do,that goes obviously for everyone.

All i want is for the Lynn team to be competitive and with the highly rumoured last signing it won't be imo.

It's not him. 

Spill the beans.....

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Would Josh Grajczonek fit?

Yes, but I don't believe he intends to race in GB. 

8 hours ago, AlexBrady said:

Even a poor side could increase its overall average this season 

36 plus a rising star is effectively 38/39 total (41 for Sheffield ;))

Scoring an average 40 points and losing every meeting gets you to about that figure....

What I can’t understand is we are told you can get red shale no more as the quarry has closed, and we have to put up with the soil now instead of shale which is not good for racing. and then magically Bradford have done some research and found the best shale for racing which is red shale and have laid it at Osdal. So it make me think the soil we have to have must be a lot cheaper than the red shale that’s why we have it. especially when the red shale is still available which produces better racing as we all know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lynnboy said:

What I can’t understand is we are told you can get red shale no more as the quarry has closed, and we have to put up with the soil now instead of shale which is not good for racing. and then magically Bradford have done some research and found the best shale for racing which is red shale and have laid it at Osdal. So it make me think the soil we have to have must be a lot cheaper than the red shale that’s why we have it. especially when the red shale is still available which produces better racing as we all know. 

Definitely soil is cheaper than red shale but why say it’s unavailable if that is clearly wrong - sadly it’s Busters way or the highway as many have seen over the years  so unless Buster has the will to change from soil to red shale  the change won’t happen- and sadly I feel the will isn’t there . 

3 hours ago, lynnboy said:

Im sure i read somewhere or heard that red shale has always been available but as all the quarrys are based up north it isn't the cheapest option to transport down.

• Like 1

How long ago was this stated? I seem to remember it was several years ago it was said that red stuff was unavailable. As others have said though if the stuff used now is cheaper it’s no surprise it’s used, let’s just hope there is far less of it on the track this year. 

5 hours ago, lynnboy said:

The red shale is from stoke on trent and was found only last year . The red shale all track used was from breadon the last time it was available was when THE NSS was built and they had the last of it. The red shale from up north is from Scotland and is very expensive with transport on top. Also does not contain any clay the new shale which as just been found by Bradford is very new so needs to be tested to see how good it works 

• Like 2

The best shale was Arbury shale from near Nuneaton, which was used on many tracks during the 70's to 90's, unfortunately they wanted paying for the stuff, which resulted in the supply being lost. same old story in speedway