British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

6 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Are sportsmen not exempt from that ? 

I’m not sure on that one if that’s the case it isn’t such a problem- though as I said Lawson is here in the Uk 

21 minutes ago, Haza said:

I’m not sure on that one if that’s the case it isn’t such a problem- though as I said Lawson is here in the Uk 

I expect all will be revealed this week...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrss said:

The Poles won’t worry if riders are happy or not. The Poles dictate and if riders are not happy they are shown the exit door. 

the riders will be it will cost them plenty of money !! they can't replace top riders because they are already there !! 

Final announcement in the morning.Lynn tweeted we think you'll like this one with a smiley.Surely it can't be Lawson tweeting that.

I'm sticking my neck out for Riss now,after all didn't the manager of his German/Polish team say they won't be starting the league when they want them too due to the pandemic.

• Like 2

Even if it’s Riss or Lawson , I think the Stars are one heat leader short of a good team.

33 minutes ago, mrss said:

Even if it’s Riss or Lawson , I think the Stars are one heat leader short of a good team.

Agree,should have been Lawson instead of Proctor as well imo.

• Like 1

Riss confirmed then.The side has a bit of a better look about it but still needed to use up the points limit which they fall well under.

Surprised that Lawson hasn’t got a team in the Prem...

Good to have Riss back, but I can see the Stars being bottom of the league. No doubt we will hear the same old crap from the promotion, about how hard it is to attract riders to ride in this country, and how the team are all keen to kick on and up their averages. 

I fancy Lynn to finish in the top six...:)

• Haha 1

Had to smile about the press release- champagne corks will be popping on news of Riss return - was just saying to the other half get that champagne out I just fancy a glass for breakfast as you do  - who writes these press releases? Am surprised they didn’t get the old favourite quote in about making an emotional return to the club though :)))

Edited by Haza

9 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Surprised that Lawson hasn’t got a team in the Prem...

Think he may had done had Riss not changed his mind.Would still have had Lawson over Proctor in a heartbeat.

10 minutes ago, mrss said:

Good to have Riss back, but I can see the Stars being bottom of the league. No doubt we will hear the same old crap from the promotion, about how hard it is to attract riders to ride in this country, and how the team are all keen to kick on and up their averages. 

I think for this year the promotion have a bit of an excuse in attracting riders to this country with the Polish rule and the ongoing pandemic.But in previous years they didn't have that as an excuse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Think he may had done had Riss not changed his mind.Would still have had Lawson over Proctor in a heartbeat.

I think for this year the promotion have a bit of an excuse in attracting riders to this country with the Polish rule and the ongoing pandemic.But in previous years they didn't have that as an excuse.

I bit of an excuse ,yes. But the other 5 clubs in the Premier League seemed to have managed.

At the risk of repeating myself it’s a team built on a budget, otherwise I’m sure the extra money would have been spent to brig it up to the points limit. No doubt having to fund the Panthers too is a large part of that. 

It looks like a 5th/6th place team unless Bridger explodes back into the scene, if he ends up being a heat leader then everyone moves down a spot in the order and it looks a stronger side, seems unlikely though. 

What I will say is that I’ve got some enthusiasm back for it, am actually looking forward to going at some point and I haven’t said that too many times since Holder/Batchelor gate in 2017. Fingers crossed the track is slicker so we get done better racing.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, mrss said:

I bit of an excuse ,yes. But the other 5 clubs in the Premier League seemed to have managed.

Are you sure about the other 5 attracting riders,they all seem to have the same sort of riders that normally ride here.The only surprise for me is Holder,thought he may have dropped the UK.Crump no surprise really as he was over anyway.

I too am upset that we haven't used up the points limit,should have Lawson for Proctor to make us more competitive.You can't see Allitt daring to do that he don't seem to like to get into situations where it may cause a confrontation.