British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

3 hours ago, hyderd said:

Has it happened anywhere in any other sport.................................just asking.

Off the top of my head I’d say not happened anywhere in sport - but then neither has Covid and a year with practical no racing  or other sport with fans in stadiums and not many other sport’s lower there standards either . 

2 hours ago, Haza said:

Off the top of my head I’d say not happened anywhere in sport - but then neither has Covid and a year with practical no racing  or other sport with fans in stadiums and not many other sport’s lower there standards either . 

In football Liverpool have certainly lowered their standards:lol:

• Haha 3

Much still to be done before crowds are allowed into  Speedway "race bowls"  in the UK  IMHO.  

Gone are the days of banks of turnstiles located at several entry points around the tracks ....... with spectators located all around the entire circuit. The sanitary facilities at most "race bowls"  are now so scarce  and rudimentary , lacking even a bar of soap, that surely will be questioned by local authorities in assessing attendance limits.  The last track I regularly supported  struggled to maintain electric lighting in their facilities. Oddly, I suspect that social distancing there woudn't have been a problem, assuming you took a torch to the gents ;-) 

Eastbourne have laid out their stall with some commonsense planning ... but whether the local authority have given them any feedback on their plans .... 

On 4/11/2021 at 6:18 PM, RS50 said:

For some reason I don't know of, a lot of clubs have not announced their admission prices. Odd, considering under normal circumstances the season would be underway. 

No doubt they are waiting to see what the crowd limits are going to be 

9 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Much still to be done before crowds are allowed into  Speedway "race bowls"  in the UK  IMHO.  

Gone are the days of banks of turnstiles located at several entry points around the tracks ....... with spectators located all around the entire circuit. The sanitary facilities at most "race bowls"  are now so scarce  and rudimentary , lacking even a bar of soap, that surely will be questioned by local authorities in assessing attendance limits.  The last track I regularly supported  struggled to maintain electric lighting in their facilities. Oddly, I suspect that social distancing there woudn't have been a problem, assuming you took a torch to the gents ;-) 

Eastbourne have laid out their stall with some commonsense planning ... but whether the local authority have given them any feedback on their plans .... 

You haven't been to speedway for a few years have you?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, cityrebel said:

No doubt they are waiting to see what the crowd limits are going to be 

I think there is still some uncertainty as to whether it is practical for the season to go ahead. IMO they would be shooting themselves in the foot if it was the plan to increase admission cost because of perceived lack of crowd numbers

Go on surprise me “Trees” ..... soap is now available in the toilets at Saddlebow Road.....and there is more than one entrance to the race bowl  from the field used as a car park ? 

• Like 1

The toilet situation is certainly relevant at Monmore Green 

I'd imagine alternative facilties will need to be provided 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, noaksey said:

The toilet situation is certainly relevant at Monmore Green 

I'd imagine alternative facilties will need to be provided 

Same at Mildenhall in 2019, no soap most of the time, and hand dryer not working.

If anything beneficial comes out of all of this it might be speedway venues being forced to drag their toilet facilities into the 21st century. 

• Like 3

Well there’s always the less risky choice of taking a ‘wild wee’, blob of hand sanitizer.  All sorted.  

As for prices I seem to recall in Football.  If  for example a Club gets relegated out of the Premier League to the Championship prices do fall.   I’m sure Baggy can confirm ( or otherwise) as at Carrot Road it’s a regular occurrence, but not next season hey Baggy :t:

Why are the Speedway Promotions blamed for bad toilet and other things when most of the stadiums are rented  from other owners. mostly Greyhound premoters

2 hours ago, semion said:

Well there’s always the less risky choice of taking a ‘wild wee’, blob of hand sanitizer.  All sorted.  

As for prices I seem to recall in Football.  If  for example a Club gets relegated out of the Premier League to the Championship prices do fall.   I’m sure Baggy can confirm ( or otherwise) as at Carrot Road it’s a regular occurrence, but not next season hey Baggy :t:

Generally Nodge have kept season ticket  prices the same I believe whether promoted or relegated, they’ve always been pretty good at that. Casual ticket prices do go up and down but depend on opposition anyway. Just a point on Saturday semmers assuming Swans and Brentford both win at lunch time! 

2 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

Why are the Speedway Promotions blamed for bad toilet and other things when most of the stadiums are rented  from other owners. mostly Greyhound premoters

I accept that but how difficult would it be for speedway promoters to have a quick clean of the facilities before a meeting and make sure soap, bog roll etc is replenished? 

Edited by Bagpuss

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Generally Nodge have kept prices the same I believe, they’ve always been pretty good at that. Just a point on Saturday semmers assuming Swans and Brentford both win at lunch time! 

I accept that but how difficult would it be for speedway promoters to have a quick clean of the facilities before a meeting and make sure soap, big roll etc is replenished? 

Big Roll ?  Are the burgers that bad these days :D

Saturday night should see them clinch promotion.  I think in all the years I’ve watched The Canaries I don’t recall a total Football side like this.   Ok different era’s bring different styles but this season has been something else.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, semion said:

Big Roll ?  Are the burgers that bad these days :D

Saturday night should see them clinch promotion.  I think in all the years I’ve watched The Canaries I don’t recall a total Football side like this.   Ok different era’s bring different styles but this season has been something else.

Yep this season has been even better than two years ago, much less gung ho and tighter at the back but sublime going forward. Recruitment has been spot on and absolutely has to be the same in the summer as last time in the PL the signings were poor.