British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Like Cook this is a real shame as he is far more talented than his average suggests. But once again if his head isn’t in the right place then best to step down. A Championship spot might be a better move.

As someone has said, get a solid option in Proctor’s place and the team looks a lot better than a couple of weeks ago. 

• Like 1

Always seems like rinse and repeat with Lewis, maybe he believed his own hype too much when he was young and still has trouble accepting he is a decent rider but not much more than that.

Always put the effort in but also maybe guilty of over trying and fighting the bike rather than riding it?

17 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Proctor failed to beat an opponent from five rides at Berwick tonight :blink:

It is worrying. He went from 1st to last in a race he gated at Ippo. At the moment his GSA is 4.20. Over the first 3 meetings so far he has averaged 2.93. I don't know what points we have to play with after Wells. Edit.. I've had a look.

According to Speedway GB site, the following are the current GSA's

Riss 6.65

TJ 6.18

Lawson 5.64

Kerr 5.53

Ty 4.20

Wells 4.44 ( his 2019 ave for BV) Not sure if thats what they will go on.

So 32.64 if my maths are correct. Leaving us 2.86 under the 35.5 limit. So if i'm right, at the moment we can replace Ty with a rider up to  7.06. (Cookie is 0.53 over at the moment):P Maybe time to get ruthless if we want to stand a chance of ever winning anything.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

It is worrying. He went from 1st to last in a race he gated at Ippo. At the moment his GSA is 4.20. Over the first 3 meetings so far he has averaged 2.93. I don't know what points we have to play with after Wells. Edit.. I've had a look.

According to Speedway GB site, the following are the current GSA's

Riss 6.65

TJ 6.18

Lawson 5.64

Kerr 5.53

Ty 4.20

Wells 4.44 ( his 2019 ave for BV) Not sure if thats what they will go on.

So 32.64 if my maths are correct. Leaving us 2.86 under the 35.5 limit. So if i'm right, at the moment we can replace Ty with a rider up to  7.06. (Cookie is 0.53 over at the moment):P Maybe time to get ruthless if we want to stand a chance of ever winning anything.

I put on here somewhere I'm sure we could and should have had a top 5 of Cook,Riss,LawsonJorgensen,Kerr and we would have had Bridger and Mountain/Shanes at reserve.I know we wouldn't see the future that Cook and Bridger were going to go but it seems to me now that the management are/were moving in that direction.They need to answer why this team wasn't put forward in the first place.

34 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I put on here somewhere I'm sure we could and should have had a top 5 of Cook,Riss,LawsonJorgensen,Kerr and we would have had Bridger and Mountain/Shanes at reserve.I know we wouldn't see the future that Cook and Bridger were going to go but it seems to me now that the management are/were moving in that direction.They need to answer why this team wasn't put forward in the first place.

30.99 for Cook, Riss, Lawson ,TJ, Kerr. 35.27 with Bridger :t:

Trouble with having six team league and play offs, you would have to be really desperate to make sure you do not finish in the bottom two places, if it was a 10 team league then getting in the top four is a much bigger ask and a promoter is likely to risk paying out on a big gun to help the team in the hope it would pay off, all things being even you have a 68% chance of getting in the top four anyway.

Six clubs, what's the point? you only need to be better than just two teams in the whole league and your in the play offs, putting it like that, its even more farcical.

59 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Simple answer is cost!

Kerr injured. Looks like broken collarbone. Heavy crash in heat ninE at Eastbourne. Withdrawn from meeting

Bugger, he just gets going well. No luck at all

• Sad 1

Proctor out Aaron summers in for the final change

41 minutes ago, rearingtogo said:

Proctor out Aaron summers in for the final change

At this moment in time we have 7.06 to replace Ty ,if Wells came on his 2019 finishing average for BV of 4.44.

13 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

At this moment in time we have 7.06 to replace Ty ,if Wells came on his 2019 finishing average for BV of 4.44.

It's alright having that much to play with,,, but I don't think there are any riders anywhere near that average available

9 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

It's alright having that much to play with,,, but I don't think there are any riders anywhere near that average available

Yeah, thats the problem. Bloody shame Cookie is only 0.53 over:P

Edited by Bald Bloke

There must be a young Dane or Swede that could be given a go.