British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Just had a look back at my programmes, think it was 1986. We won 42-36 at Swindon on 07/09. Meeting was a double header with Oxford.

Also noticed we won at Reading 40-38 on 22/09 but didn’t pick up a league point at home.

We did win against Belle Vue (47-31) and drew at home to Bradford & Cradley (39-39) in the League Cup.

Edited by Speedball

14 hours ago, M.D said:

Bridger has officially retired now on his social media page..

Be nice if Kings Lynn publicly apologised to the fans over the Bridger debacle. Every man and his dog knew he wouldn't last yet they still wasted money setting him up in the team with all the associated gear (money that quite frankly could have been better spent elsewhere) if you stand up and say we believe in this chump then Lings Lynn have to accept responsibility when it goes wrong

• Like 2

14 hours ago, M.D said:

Bridger has officially retired now on his social media page..

I think most fans could of told the Lynn management that, before a wheel was turned.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

1987? Knight, Regeling, Davies, Campbell, Poole, Kyllingstad, Morton? 

Sad bit about it that team would now walk the league today - that’s how far standards have been lowered 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

No the whole team isn't rubbish at all.Its the management for putting us 3 pts under the limit.If they were to have a proper number 1 and got rid of Proctor this pushes everyone down a position in the team.This would then give the team a competive edge when you would have Lawson as a 2nd string and Wells at reserve.It only takes one signing to make it that little bit easier on the rest of the team.Bit while Allitt sits about expecting things just to all of a sudden happen we have no chance

Who would be a proper No1, and can't name anyone from abroad, as they won't come, what does that leave you with.

7 minutes ago, Warriors said:

Who would be a proper No1, and can't name anyone from abroad, as they won't come, what does that leave you with.

There aren't any but there are limited number 1s in the league anyway and they are grouped in 3 teams anyway. With Bridger gone and Proctor struggling badly two changes bringing strength in depth is the only route. Limited options still but Starke is going ok and Sam Jensen from Glasgow could be worth a punt?

Cookie was but he's gone for one reason or another. No No.1's out there in the UK. But we must use all of the points available to give us the best chance. I think us Stars fans deserve atop tier title  after over 50 years. Not that its going to happen this season.:unsure:

I'd be more than happy if Buster moved the Panthers on. He says he is taking more of a back seat now. But whoever is picking the Stars team this season don't seem on it, at all. Maybe he wouldn't have to if he just had Lynn, and not 2 teams to find.. 

How times have changed now whos doing all the moaning ,

When Buster purchased the Panthers and then ripped up the decent looking team that had been put together, the lynn fans constantly called the Panthers fans aload of moaning whingers , now perhaps you realise that it wasnt moaning after all,  it was in fact just wanting better than what was on show

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Cookie was but he's gone for one reason or another. No No.1's out there in the UK. But we must use all of the points available to give us the best chance. I think us Stars fans deserve atop tier title  after over 50 years. Not that its going to happen this season.:unsure:

I'd be more than happy if Buster moved the Panthers on. He says he is taking more of a back seat now. But whoever is picking the Stars team this season don't seem on it, at all. Maybe he wouldn't have to if he just had Lynn, and not 2 teams to find.. 

Allitt and Schroek dont have a clue thats why. Allitt has never been a good manager or promoter going back to his young stars day. Young stars had a team of Lambert, Worrall, Kerr, Rose and still couldn't win the league. 

Edited by therefused
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

How times have changed now whos doing all the moaning ,

When Buster purchased the Panthers and then ripped up the decent looking team that had been put together, the lynn fans constantly called the Panthers fans aload of moaning whingers , now perhaps you realise that it wasnt moaning after all,  it was in fact just wanting better than what was on show

Ah. But Buster had had his beloved King's Lynn Stars for over 20 years. We have been waiting forever to win the top tier. Then he goes and stretches himself by saving the Panthers. It can't  do Lynn any good, him/ someone having to find 2 teams. Buster saved you and people was still moaning about your team. Flip it around and i wonder what some of you would of thought about your long standing owner saving a team, and that still wasn't good enough. Thats all ;)

13 minutes ago, therefused said:

Allitt and Schroek dont have a clue thats why. Allitt has never been a good manager or promoter going back to his young stars day. Young stars had a team of Lambert, Worrall, Kerr, Rose and still couldn't win the league. 

Yep. We could of started with Lawson for Bridger, and MPT instead of Ty. We might of had MPT if Buster didn't have to keep 2 sets of fans happy. Agree we need better decision making for sure.

But did Buster keep the top tier afloat because it was best for British speedway or because he wanted to keep his beloved Stars in the top flight? For reasons unknown to the greater world its fairly clear he is against one big league, north/south leagues or anything that that means his home team doesn't remain in the elite premiership or whatever other re-brand will come along.

31 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Ah. But Buster had had his beloved King's Lynn Stars for over 20 years. We have been waiting forever to win the top tier. Then he goes and stretches himself by saving the Panthers. It can't  do Lynn any good, him/ someone having to find 2 teams. Buster saved you and people was still moaning about your team. Flip it around and i wonder what some of you would of thought about your long standing owner saving a team, and that still wasn't good enough. Thats all ;)

There was no ‘saving’ to be done - Peterborough was thriving and would have continued to do so. The Club was profitable and in good order when it was sold.

5 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

There was no ‘saving’ to be done - Peterborough was thriving and would have continued to do so. The Club was profitable and in good order when it was sold.

Well you was closer to the club than any of us, so i will take your word for it Neil:t:. Do you know why it was sold if going so well, and was there any other person willing to buy it. I honestly don't know. If there was no chance of the club not running, and there was more than just Buster wanting it, i guess Buster might of been greedy in some peoples eyes, in that case.

I believe Peterborough were going to be running but not in the league that Buster wanted them too.......

• Like 1