British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

30 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I don't blame Buster at all,right call imo.Awful decisions during some matches and excuses after matches he had to go.Hopefully it doesn't go to Allitt because I'm pretty sure he'll want it.

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I don't blame Buster at all,right call imo.Awful decisions during some matches and excuses after matches he had to go.Hopefully it doesn't go to Allitt because I'm pretty sure he'll want it.

I wonder if Olly Allen would be interested

13 minutes ago, First Bend Bunching said:

Hope so

19 minutes ago, First Bend Bunching said:

Good shout that, young & fresh ideas 

• Like 1

Stars miss out on another up and coming rider, as Josh Pickering has signed for Sheffield. Perhaps Sedgman will replace Wells in the team instead. 

3 hours ago, mrss said:

Stars miss out on another up and coming rider, as Josh Pickering has signed for Sheffield. Perhaps Sedgman will replace Wells in the team instead. 

Would take us over the limit by 0.26. 

13 hours ago, tellboy said:

I think Buster needs to take some blame for the Stars starting 7 this season. No blame for the in match decisions though.

3 hours ago, mrss said:

6 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Would take us over the limit by 0.26. 

Have painful that Sedge is too good to be included

Not something I ever expected to be typing :rofl:

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think Buster needs to take some blame for the Stars starting 7 this season. No blame for the in match decisions though.

I think Buster is also reasonable for the track? It can look superb but with the high clay content can be vey unpredictable for the riders.  

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Think Allitt needs to take most of the flak for the starting 7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Think Allitt needs to take most of the flak for the starting 7.

I believe Allitt is a co promotor these days. Probably to take a bit of the work load from Buster, with 2 clubs to run.

You could well be right Tel. It's possible Buster left the team building to Dale. I don't suppose we will ever know exactly. But i'm pretty sure Buster would of signed the team off, as he is the money man.

I would like to know if the same person assembled both teams. If so, they could of evened them out a tad :lol: The panthers look an expensive team to me. Hans, Bjarne  Bomber and Scotty, i doubt would be cheap for their averages. Where as Lynn, not so much. 

Anyway, it is what it is now. We have to try and make the most of it. We replace riders, but never seem any better off. It must be frustrating for Buster. Cause it sure is for me :wink:  

Edited by Bald Bloke

I can’t believe Buster gave anyone any say in how his business is run.   I would suggest Allitt might have done the leg work but the yes or no on each rider came from one man.

The amazing thing is that Buster and Dale, both being experienced Speedway men could look at that team they had put together and think it had  anything other than a wooden spoon look about it.

Edited by semion

future - KL cars, Peterborough speedway?

• Thanks 1

Just now, stevehone said:

Don't say that Steve ;)

I for one wouldn't go near the Showground, if that did ever happen:unsure:

8 minutes ago, stevehone said:

That has crossed many people's minds I'm sure, but it doesn't make any sense. 

The stadium would have an average inactivity of 5-6 days a week.

Speedway meeting's & training / practice days a big part to mid week use. 

As much as cars are the biggest income for the stadium, I don't think the stadium would be financially viable if either sport was lost.