Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

In all fairness the Lynn & Pboro teams were built in a similar way in that they were both full of gambles its just that one has paid off heavily and one has hugely backfired. Obviously by the experience of the old hands and putting them out on one of the best race tracks in the country is proving more successful. 

Yes there are clearly bloopers in the Lynn side like including Bridger, leaving Lawson out etc but the issues are deeper than that. Riders don't favour the Kings Lynn track, the revolving door team changes doesn't inspire stability and simply put it feels like Pboro are on a better financial standing, whilst Buster might be behind both teams the sponsorships and money through the gate defines team building budgets and just maybe there was more available kitty elsewhere.

On 7/10/2021 at 8:34 AM, tellboy said:

I would take Sedgemen for Heeps right now.Another abysmal score for his Championship team last night.

That’s desperation territory.IMO.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

That’s desperation territory.IMO.

We are ;)

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2021 at 8:34 AM, tellboy said:

I would take Sedgemen for Heeps right now.Another abysmal score for his Championship team last night.

I'd give Heeps a bit more time before dropping him. But tbh Lynn missed a trick by not signing Pickering when he was available!

Edited by szkocjasid

57 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'd give Heeps a bit more time before dropping him. But tbh Lynn missed a trick by not signing Pickering when he was available!

Think we have missed a box full of tricks this season,not just the one;)

So Scotty is guesting for Stars against Ipswich on 29th, that makes a change :D. Is there a new rule that you can double up in the Premier league as long as your boss owns both clubs. I jest of course. I think Bomber is guesting at Sheffield on Thursday and Morris Vs Bell Vue on 22nd June. 

9 hours ago, cuckootoyou said:

So Scotty is guesting for Stars against Ipswich on 29th, that makes a change :D. Is there a new rule that you can double up in the Premier league as long as your boss owns both clubs. I jest of course. I think Bomber is guesting at Sheffield on Thursday and Morris Vs Bell Vue on 22nd June. 

Scotty, Bomber and Rory are the "official" guest riders for the BSP I think...

The rules must state that you have to ask them first...:D

Given they ride for so many teams each season, surely they deserve a winners medal come play off time, regardless of whether their own team reaches the final or not..?

Maybe they would even qualify for a runners up medal too.?..:D

Joking apart, all three give 100% every meeting which must make them the "go to" riders for the promoters, and meetings with any of the three in attendance are usually the better for it..

• Like 3

Heeps out for 2 weeks to recover full fitness.

HEEPS NEEDS MORE TIME - King's Lynn Speedway - The Home of the Stars (kingslynn-speedway.com)

So at Sheffield Thurs, Harris, Lawson, Kerr, Wells can take a ride.

Home to BV  on the 22nd its Lawson, Kerr, reserves.

Away to Ippo Scotty, Lawson,  Kerr,  Wells

If my maths are correct.

Edited by Bald Bloke
spelling

5 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Heeps out for 2 weeks to recover full fitness.

HEEPS NEEDS MORE TIME - King's Lynn Speedway - The Home of the Stars (kingslynn-speedway.com)

So at Sheffield Thurs, Harris, Lawson, Kerr, Wells can take a ride.

Home to BV  on the 22nd its Lawson, Kerr, reserves.

Away to Ippo Scotty, Lawson,  Kerr,  Wells

If my maths are correct.

Lawson,Kerr and the reserves for all three I think.I'm sure the guests take the average of what Riss is on,unless that has changed this season.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Lawson,Kerr and the reserves for all three I think.I'm sure the guests take the average of what Riss is on,unless that has changed this season.

That is correct 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Well that told me... Not as good as thought good as I thought then ;)

Just seen on the Sheffield v Stars thread that Tungate could be about to be dropped in Poland. Tungate 6.59 fits for Cam 5.91.= 35.16. Or is that being to ruthless on Cam? I know our season is done, but it would be nice to finish 5th, just missing out on a play off spot :P

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Just seen on the Sheffield v Stars thread that Tungate could be about to be dropped in Poland. Tungate 6.59 fits for Cam 5.91.= 35.16. Or is that being to ruthless on Cam? I know our season is done, but it would be nice to finish 5th, just missing out on a play off spot :P

Will need a work permit for U.K. and equipment, sounds like a lot of aggravation and expense for what exactly. That’s of course assuming he would say yes.

7 minutes ago, Warriors said:

He chose Poland over UK, tuff 

IIRC Tungate wanted to ride here presumably for P'boro but got frustrated at how long it took the BSPA or whoever to decide on how/when/what shape the season was going g to take back in the winter/spring. Seem to remember him having a whinge about it.