Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Reserves not good enough in that team.  I think Lambert, Cook and Riss will be good enough IF the bottom end are built to be better away from home than in 2019. 

Wait until you see Swindon's 2,6,7! I wouldn't worry about those reserves!!

1 hour ago, Trees said:

So you don't want continuity then, thought that was what the fans wanted .......

If continuity means finishing 7th of eight teams again then nope! 

EDIT 6th of 7 teams of course!!!

Edited by Bagpuss

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

If continuity means finishing 7th of eight teams again then nope! 

8 teams??!! 

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

8 teams??!! 

Well done for passing the ‘are you paying attention’ test! 

Of course I meant 6th of seven :D  :oops: 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

What fans want is continuity of an entertaining, winning team. Not continuity from a team that's already a bag of s#!+. 

At the end of the day, Buster isn't interested in winning the league. As long as the crowds turn up and the rider wages are low he's on a winner. 

You will know his thinking by the team this year. 

If Jørgensen, Kerr, Porsing, MPT are in the team you know just making a profit is priority. 

In sport you can't do that to succeed. You need more ambition, speculate to accumulate. 

Do you think there was a profit made at Lynn this year? Or previous years for that matter? 

I think that there is a misconception from some that the Lynn promotion do this every year to follow a cycle, and don't want to win. In reality, there is nothing more they want than to succeed! 

So maybe get behind the promotion/team and actually support them, through good and bad.... Just a thought.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, ScottCampos178 said:

Do you think there was a profit made at Lynn this year? Or previous years for that matter? 

I think that there is a misconception from some that the Lynn promotion do this every year to follow a cycle, and don't want to win. In reality, there is nothing more they want than to succeed! 

So maybe get behind the promotion/team and actually support them, through good and bad.... Just a thought.

Fans do support through thick & thin but they also have a right to an opinion, especially on the obvious. 

To have a winning formula you have to be ruthless. One thing for sure, when it comes rider's, King's Lynn are far far to nice. To much patience given to under performing rider's, only finding replacements when a rider gets injured. 

Last season, had it been Poole or Swindon, for a fact, they would have told Jorgensen, Kerr, Proctor etc to get lost far far quicker and replacements sort in double quick time. 

With 7 teams in the league, 24 matches, time isn't available for rider's 'to find form'. The fans need to see the management care. If a rider has 4-5 bad meetings they need to be gotten rid of and replaced. 

Getting whacked away from home by 25-30 point regularly isn't acceptable. We can see through the crap press releases with the usual "he'll get it right the next meeting" nonsense. 

If the fans believe and see rider's and management giving everything to win there's nothing to moan about. 

When you get 1-5'd and the manager is on track patting rider's on the back it gives the 'couldn't give a s#!+' attitude. Gives the crowd the wrong impression, like winning isnt important. 

It 100% is, it needs to be seen that this game matters to the club. 

Nicey nicey in sport does NOT work and again, it's what King's Lynn are, nicey nicey. It does get in rider's heads that a few bad meeting don't matter. They'll know that they'll be back the next meeting to 'try again' knowing the sack isn't around the corner. 

1 hour ago, ScottCampos178 said:

I have supported the Stars for over 50 years through the good and bad times. Sadly there have been a lot more bad times than good. All I want is a team that puts maximum effort into each meeting , and an ambitious promotion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danny Connor said:

Swindon and Sheffield have put out pretty big statements of intent.

Would be nice to have one of our own

Lewis Kerr?

6 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

With no GP’s or U21 competitions I’d be gobsmacked if Lambert didn’t ride in the UK in 2020. 

I agree mate, expect him to as well. Like Alex mentioned above, I’d expect a top 3 of Lambert, Cook and Riss.

i was just thinking out loud that we’d buggered if Lambert decided to miss the UK. 

• Like 1

Broc Nicol has signed for Wolves. That's another decent rider gone elsewhere . Lynn will end up with the crap no one else wants.

6 minutes ago, mrss said:

Broc Nicol has signed for Wolves. That's another decent rider gone elsewhere . Lynn will end up with the crap no one else wants.

Whilst he seems a good prospect he only matched S.Lamberts average in the Championship last season.Having said that if it was a choice between those two i would rather Nicol.Think he should do ok at Wolves though.

43 minutes ago, mrss said:

Panthers will be same has been never will be your lucky you have lambert 

Really surprised Nicol didn’t stay  at Sheffield to be honest, can imagine that Wolves’ track and teaming up with Luke Becker appealed to him. It’s a great pity he was cleaned up by Josh Bates last year before he was able to ride for us, if he’d ridden some meetings for us and built up a relationship with the promotion we might have been able to get him in for 2020. 

12 hours ago, mrss said:

I have supported the Stars for over 50 years through the good and bad times. Sadly there have been a lot more bad times than good. All I want is a team that puts maximum effort into each meeting , and an ambitious promotion. 

As a long-time Stars supporter, I live in hope but not expectation...as a result, I have never been disappointed. OK, once: in 2018 when expectation got the better of hope.