British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

2 hours ago, acef said:

That's right. I have no idea. I don't need to.

What matters is that clubs trade of the back of that publicity and it clearly isn't happening.

So I'll say it for the 3rd time, the space they are getting is currently irrelevant.

If clubs don't use the publicity correctly then yes, I'm arguing they don't it. 

What's the point?

Clubs do trade on the back of that publicity. It is a useful tool for sponsorship/advertising to start with.

18 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think you have to name the seven riders separately, and they seem to be getting on with it this year after dragging it too long last winter. As has been said with the two local papers and two local radio stations it makes sense to make seven stories out of it rather than one. 

You would imagine the other four will be named over the next couple of weeks so not long to wait. I’ve never understood the clamour to know ASAP anyway, we are four months from the season starting so there is no great rush. 

What would be quite good but probably beyond the current group of promoters is a launch day where everyone names their teams and the media get properly involved, race suits are revealed etc etc. All in one place with as many riders as possible present. Launch the prospect of the new season with a bang. 

Liking the launch idea. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Clubs do trade on the back of that publicity. It is a useful tool for sponsorship/advertising to start with.

Is it? Who are they advertising too? The already converted? What is it they're selling? 

They can release to the press daily but nobody can do anything. Speedway won't get going until April so effectively, up to now are advertising a useless product.

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Is it? Who are they advertising too? The already converted? What is it they're selling? 

They can release to the press daily but nobody can do anything. Speedway won't get going until April so effectively, up to now are advertising a useless product.

If my business sponsored the Stars, I would be mighty pleased to see my  company name and logo on any photograph of Lynn riders staring out of the back page of the Lynn News and YLP - whether in or out of season. My business would be open and selling online 365 days a year, 24/7

Edited by Richard Weston
  • Like 3

if lynn dont promote, people complain, they try and promote signing one rider a week, people complain. 

• Like 1

Some people can’t help themselves

• Like 1

Team all signed. All will be revealed by the end of Jan. So does anyone know who the big surprise might be?

So we are not the cheapest team in the league, but not the dearest, and on a tight budget... 

If Cookie is back I can't see the big surprise being that big :blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Team all signed. All will be revealed by the end of Jan. So does anyone know who the big surprise might be. 

Simon Lambert ... 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Team all signed. All will be revealed by the end of Jan. So does anyone know who the big surprise might be?

Chris Holder???!!!:rofl:

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Chris Holder???!!!:rofl:

I wouldn't have him, even if he came with a Visa reduction average of 6 :P

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I'm liking the much better paced announcements this year, although would hope we'll be all done and dusted by the new year, or early new year.

It's Bartosz Zmarzlik on a 7 point average :party:

7 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

If my business sponsored the Stars, I would be mighty pleased to see my  company name and logo on any photograph of Lynn riders staring out of the back page of the Lynn News and YLP - whether in or out of season. My business would be open and selling online 365 days a year, 24/7

That's not a way I would operate my business, it may be a different argument now but there is a critical flaw. Nobody gives two hoots about speedway.

If I'm advertising my business it's going in an environment where people will increase my cash flow as a consequence.

9 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

How? By gaining more sponsorship? By seeing increased footfall through the turnstile? 

From the information available in the public domain I'm going to stick my neck out and tell you that it isn't working.

If you've no access to the accounts then I'm not entirely certain how you can make such a bold statement

Richard,  who is the Lynn team sponsor for next season?  Is it Poultec again ?