British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

With the expected remaining riders in the Stars team  we wont live with the likes of Swindon and Belle Vue.    

45 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Win all your home matches and you have every chance.

Which we usually do. 

31 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Baggy, you're forever the optimist,    always looking in the positive side, whereas I tend to be more realistic.    When I watch speedway, I tend to look deeper than just the result.  All too often I concentrate on the attitude and the effort the rider puts in.  and unfortunately its not always that good.   To bring back the same crew, to me, is a sure-fire recipe for disaster.   When world class riders like Lambert and Cookie are not winning races, what encouragement does that give to the others.    How can you moan at the other riders  when your top men go missing. 

One of the plusses from recent years has been the consistent form from MPT.      I have this thought, that he is the one, that has not signed for next year.       How stupid is that.???

Another sure-fire way to p___ the fans off......    

I like to think of myself as having a balanced opinion. I don’t think being completely positive or totally negative does anyone any good. 

I would also have had MPT back but he has a higher average than the two second strings signed so until we know the whole team it’s impossible to know the circumstances of his non inclusion. 

Mad for attitude and effort, I’ve always wondered how anyone can know how many per cent a rider is putting in unless he is quite obviously trailing at the back. Riders can be low in confidence aboard a speedway bike and look as though they don’t care when in actual fact they are trying their hardest. I’d be interested to know who you think was lacking in attitude and effort last season. 

31 minutes ago, g13webb said:

With the expected remaining riders in the Stars team  we wont live with the likes of Swindon and Belle Vue.    

Are you saying we may finish third :D

As we’ve seen over many seasons what a team looks like on paper very often doesn’t ring true. Everybody seems to be fancying Sheffield but I just don’t see it personally. 

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

For once I agree with you. I would like to be proved wrong, but I can see another season of big beatings away for the Stars.

On 12/10/2019 at 1:12 PM, Richard Weston said:

Looks to me like a team built to win it's home matches.

Question marks away.

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Apart from 2018 when we had by far the best away record in the league and finished clear top? Lambert, Jorgensen, Proctor and Riss were all in that team. 

By all means criticise them for a dreadful 2019 but don’t gloss over the year before that. 

And yes I get people’s frustration, many of us wanted a clear out with fresh faces and I appreciate and agree with that. But don’t rewrite history. 

We also had PUK .

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Apart from 2018 when we had by far the best away record in the league and finished clear top? Lambert, Jorgensen, Proctor and Riss were all in that team. 

By all means criticise them for a dreadful 2019 but don’t gloss over the year before that. 

And yes I get people’s frustration, many of us wanted a clear out with fresh faces and I appreciate and agree with that. But don’t rewrite history. 

Although 2018 was a great season, Robert was flying, home and away. I think it was largely down to Lambo, NKI and Ty.These are very impressive stats from Robert.

Robert at home 70rides. 1st, 50   2nd,14   3rd 5 and 4th 1.....

Away 75rides.  1st 31,   2nd, 23   3rd 16   4th 4

NKI didn't set the world on fire, but he was very solid away from home, and the Lambo/NKI heat 13 and 15  combo were great. NKI seemed to leave his best rides for later in meetings. 

Home 41 rides.  1st 15,   2nd, 8  3rd, 11   4th 3  

Away 53 rides.   1st 19,  2nd,16   3rd, 12   4th 3

Add to that Ty was flying that year, with a home average of 7.27 and away 5.80.

Not doing all the stats, and although all the team got stuck in, and all played a part, I think the above 3 riders added considerably to Lynn's success that year.

A slight worry is that Ty and Lewis might swap places over the season, and both could struggle in the 1-5. Depends on the other riders I guess. But who is the surprise signing then ? :)

Lambo and Ty should put a point on their averages, and TJ, Erik and Lewis need to put at least a point on their away average this season.

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Although 2018 was a great season, Robert was flying, home and away. I think it was largely down to Lambo, NKI and Ty.These are very impressive stats from Robert.

Robert at home 70rides. 1st, 50   2nd,14   3rd 5 and 4th 1.....

Away 75rides.  1st 31,   2nd, 23   3rd 16   4th 4

NKI didn't set the world on fire, but he was very solid away from home, and the Lambo/NKI heat 13 and 15  combo were great. NKI seemed to leave his best rides for later in meetings. 

Home 41 rides.  1st 15,   2nd, 8  3rd, 11   4th 3  

Away 53 rides.   1st 19,  2nd,16   3rd, 12   4th 3

Add to that Ty was flying that year, with a home average of 7.27 and away 5.80.

Not doing all the stats, and although all the team got stuck in, and all played a part, I think the above 3 riders added considerably to Lynn's success that year.

A slight worry is that Ty and Lewis might swap places over the season, and both could struggle in the 1-5. Depends on the other riders I guess. But who is the surprise signing then ? :)

Lambo and Ty should put a point on their averages, and TJ, Erik and Lewis need to put at least a point on their away average this season.

Who's to say we aren't going to start with them both at reserve,just a thought:wink:.

That 2018 season i thought NKI was a bit of a let down to be honest.He was an out and out number one and he lost 1.66 from his starting average.

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Who's to say we aren't going to start with them both at reserve,just a thought:wink:.

For that to be the case there'll be no Cook or Riss and an abysmal 3rd Heatleader 

29 minutes ago, tellboy said:

That 2018 season i thought NKI was a bit of a let down to be honest.He was an out and out number one and he lost 1.66 from his starting average.

Recall NKI carrying injury for much of 2018 and only got going in matches as track slicked off 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Recall NKI carrying injury for much of 2018 and only got going in matches as track slicked off 

Exactly!!

If you factor in Cook and Riss to the 4 already announced what does that leave for the remaining body ( allowing for the British % adjustment ) ?

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

I think Lambo dropped about the same as well. Who is this big surprise, or was it Ty:)

Cook and Erik not declared elsewhere so its them and another I guess.. Huckenbeck ?

Edited by Bald Bloke

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

Although he was recovering from injury and has a massive dislike of grippy tracks, Niels always came to the party when it mattered.  When the meeting was coming to those deciding heats, the invertible pairing of Robert and Niels done the business especially on those away tracks... 

Watching NKI for 6 yrs at Lynn, I cant think of many who would say he let us down....  There's been a massive void in the team since he has left….

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Mad for attitude and effort, I’ve always wondered how anyone can know how many per cent a rider is putting in unless he is quite obviously trailing at the back. Riders can be low in confidence aboard a speedway bike and look as though they don’t care when in actual fact they are trying their hardest. I’d be interested to know who you think was lacking in attitude and effort last season. 

It would be so easy to say a rider or some rider, but the feelings I have comes from watching speedway for years and having expectations of what is acceptable and what isn't.   I notice effort when our riders have missed the gate, and I also notice those who just accept it, riding round to get those easy points....    It annoys me greatly when I see away riders climbing all over the backs of our riders try to get by and we doing nothing to offset them challenges.   It is my belief each team of riders should be challenging for every point in every race, but unfortunately   that's the exception rather than the rule....  

So no, its not  a specific rider,  more about the normality of our speedway....